Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I’d look elsewhere were I Brentford unless he’s going to be a backup. He’s not played a lot for some time and his finishing leaves plenty to be desired.
Beggers can't be choosers at this point. Until Eriksson came into the picture we were free falling into a relegation battle. As the premiere league's little Denmark, I'd welcome Braithwaite, adding some support to Ivan Toney. Lack of playing time won't be an issue for him with us, which I'm sure would be beneficial to him leading in to Qatar. That's assuming Barca needs or wants to offload him.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
@Evilo Any strong feelings towards which player is better between Kounde and Kimpembe?

The only things Kimpembe has over Kounde are height diffence, experience and maybe leadership, even though I'm not convinced. . Kounde is better at football though. I would not think twice between picking between the two.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kounde is more talented but he should probably stay in Spain. Don’t know if he translates well to England.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I like Saliba too but I don’t think Arsenal is going to sell him to us lol

Probably not, but money talks and if the defender is swayed such that he really wants to join they have little choice. I think it’ll be pretty laughable if he ends up in Marseille again unless of course that where he wants to go.

Beggers can't be choosers at this point. Until Eriksson came into the picture we were free falling into a relegation battle. As the premiere league's little Denmark, I'd welcome Braithwaite, adding some support to Ivan Toney. Lack of playing time won't be an issue for him with us, which I'm sure would be beneficial to him leading in to Qatar. That's assuming Barca needs or wants to offload him.

Fair points, but if it’s a Danish thing then what about Dolberg? I think he’s better, but not sure if Nice would be interested in selling and if so how much for.

Kounde to Barcelona is now picking up more chatter, Sevilla is apparently looking for 55-60M for him.

It sounds much more than chatter and it’s really close. I don‘t think they’ll be paying that much though, at least not with an exchange or variables.

Reactions: al secord

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kimpembe is highly underrated here.
He’s coming off a down year but he is still good. That being said, he also might be on the Mamadou Sakho career path. Next season will be important for him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's more proven though. Take a look at his performance against Barca in the 4-0 beat-up. He was a beast.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Don’t we all know the easy way out of the FDJ saga? They have agreed to a sell price? Barca just take that difference off the price so United can pay him that much more? Problem solved? Or do they think they can just hold out and pressure him until he breaks? (Assuming all 7k of Jussi’s links were actually correct)

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Don’t we all know the easy way out of the FDJ saga? They have agreed to a sell price? Barca just take that difference off the price so United can pay him that much more? Problem solved? Or do they think they can just hold out and pressure him until he breaks? (Assuming all 7k of Jussi’s links were actually correct)
"Barca should just fork over an extra 17 million" doesn't really seem like an "easy way out"

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
"Barca should just fork over an extra 17 million" doesn't really seem like an "easy way out"

Fork over money the promised as part of a contract!? It’s complete BS that it’s even a thought that they wouldn’t pay it! “Please defer your salary so the club can survive!” “Oh wait, we lied now we need you to not get paid at all, so we can give other guys 300k a week”

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
what's the deal with Lo Celso? I rate him and wouldn't mind Villa having a look at him. Just surprised no team's come in for him yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad