NHL Summer 2023 Preseason - Mike Babcock Resigns as HC of CBJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Also from Tomorrow’s Globe:

Would Stamkos ever bolt Tampa?​

Way, way too early to think the Lightning won’t pony up the dough, but it’s worth noting that Steven Stamkos, 1,003 games and two Cup titles into his Tampa Bay career, is about to enter the final season of his eight-year, $68 million deal. If he decides to test the market, he’ll be 34 when hitting UFA on July 1, 2024.

The Bolts way is always to be tucked up against the cap, and that’s where they are now, albeit with the need again to, ahem, get creative by assigning a body or two to long-term injured reserve.

The Bruins would be among at least a dozen interested bidders if Stamkos opts out of the Bay. Like Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci, he’s a right-shot center, one who popped for a career-high 106 points only two seasons ago. Lots of clicks on the odometer, but still a worthy, elite contributor for another 3-4 years.

Reactions: Aeroforce

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
f*** it, if Vernon is in, Tim Thomas should be in too.
Mike Vernon is like Clark Hunt or Jim Ersey NFL owners or me

He was born or ended up in a great situation.

Tuukka Rask left nut has more talent then Mike Vernon

Rick Middleton is better then 50 % of the forwards I saw live dozens of times since 1966

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
How grateful are Chicago ownership Betman saved that franchise delivering Bedard

I’m Commish I would have done same - league and city needed him there

They are a POC organization and all 3 Cups should be forfeited but only way to save them is being given the first pick

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Can't believe Babs would already get up to this nonsense after seemingly being given a second chance. *

*If what was reported is true

Last edited by a moderator:

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Babcock seems like the guy that not only eats Raisin Bran for every meal of the day, but makes everyone around him do it too.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Lol. Babcock and Jenner denied Biz report. Couldn’t get the tweet to load correctly.

So on the one hand we have two former players, one of whom never even played for Columbus, making claims, and on the other two senior players of the current Blue Jackets who say nothing to see here.

I'm not a big fan of Babcock but I have a lot of respect for Boone Jenner and if he says it was all above board then at this stage I'm willing to give Mike the benefit of the doubt. If what he did was as Jenner and Gaudreau described then it's a little unorthodox but I get the intent, and as long as it was done with full consent I don't really see a problem with it.

If a current Columbus player calls it out then I'd have to rethink my position, but at present I don't think any further action is required on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad