NHL Summer 2023 Preseason - Mike Babcock Resigns as HC of CBJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
so disgusting, the guy has a history of being incapable of being respectful to players , let alone kids whose parents watch their young sons moving to small towns to be under the watch of coaches, billet families etc...ugg
Well , if those parents are doing their job they'll send their kids elsewhere. No way am I sending my child out to play with a coach who has a history like his. Apparently he is familiar with the GM , the GM must be thought that just because you're buddy, buddy here, it doesn't excuse what's gone down. This isn't hear say, these are facts . Haven't seen all the contrition one would like to see. Kind of on the same level as Miller.

Reactions: ODAAT

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
With guys like Peters, Vanbiesbrouck, Mitchell Miller, etc. is there any path to redemption or are they to be banned from work forever because of the sins they've done in the past?

Contrition, it's all about contrition . It needs to be sincere, apologies should have come way before you're signing any contracts. When you apologize just before or after you sign a contract it doesn't come off as overly sincere , it comes off as self-serving . Mama used to say, a wolf sheds it's fur but not it's habits. He comes off as a wolf to me.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I've only watched the off-season happenings from afar, but Toronto is looking legit in the Atlantic. The Bruins won't be nearly as formidable and Tampa is a year older. Plus, Matthews and Keefe were extended well before opening night; so no media circus like we've seen in the past.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Tomorrow’s Globe:

Is Khudobin all done?​

Absent a PTO offer, it looks like ex-Bruins netminder Anton Khudobin won’t be seen in an NHL camp for the first time in some 15 years.

Khudobin, 37, was dealt from Dallas to Chicago at the March trade deadline and lost his one start with the Blackhawks. The ex-Wild draft pick (No. 206, 2004) finished with a good late kick to the pay window, securing a three-year/$10 million deal with the Stars off of his strong work in the 2020 postseason bubble that helped deliver Dallas to the Cup Final against the Lightning.

He ultimately lost his job in Dallas to ex-BU goalie Jake Oettinger and went a lackluster 15-15-8 with the Stars over the course of that $10 million deal. For his career, Khudobin played in 27 playoff games, all but two in that 2020 playoff run in which he went 14-10.

“Goaltending . . . sometimes you are on top of the horse,” a realistic Khudobin once said during his time in Boston. “And sometimes you’re under it.”

————————————————————————————————————————————————

Kayla McAvoy, a.k.a. Charlie McAvoy’s kid sister, landed a new gig with the Rangers as assistant sports scientist. Over a stretch of seven years at Queens College in Flushing, N.Y., she earned her undergraduate degree in nutrition and exercise science and then a master’s in exercise physiology. Growing up on Long Island, the McAvoy clan was all about the Broadway Blueshirts . . . The Rangers also named ex-Harvard defensemen and four-time US Olympic medalist Angela Ruggiero as a hockey operations adviser.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
We always played road hockey. Now kids play home work and Xbox.
Don't get me started . More of the latter than the former.

Road hockey went from October until June but summer time when school was out it was Baseball 3 times a day every day. No way you could throw or hit a ball I couldn't field without you putting it over my head . Sadly we lost our team up here and with it went all interest in Baseball. We still have baseball fields , sometimes I wonder why, there is hardly ever anyone playing in them . That is the consequence of not having a MLB team.

Reactions: BMC, lopey and Kegs

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Interesting article on Bruins looking at Petterson from Canucks. He wants out. Bruins interested.

Jimmy Muphy of Boston Hockey Now delved into the complexities of navigating the Pettersson situation for the Bruins, particularly in light of the potential availability of Elias Lindholm from the Calgary Flames. Murphy suggested that the Bruins were watching the situations surrounding both players, even if the team goes into the season with the roster it has”

Ok

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
After months of trying I finally solved my first Hockey Immaculate Grid today. No cheating.

79 Rarity Score too!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Wow that's early. Has he even played an entire season?

Still, Sanderson is likely gonna be a steal at that number honestly. He's really God damn good.

Should of won the Calder. Seriously a rookie D-man who played in their top shutdown role and had just FOUR minor penalties all season if you toss out the 2 phantom high stick calls. That's incredible when you consider how many high-event defensive situations he would encounter in that role over the course of the season. This may be high praise but their is some Nick Lidstrom there in Sanderson's game. That deal will be a steal when its all said and done.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
clearly he paid his dues, and he's worth more than Hedman lol. No way he comes close to living up to those expectations this soon while learning the NHL game

Last edited:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Wow that's early. Has he even played an entire season?

Still, Sanderson is likely gonna be a steal at that number honestly. He's really God damn good.
He's a very good young player, his upside is comparable to McAvoy without the physicality.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Don't get me started . More of the latter than the former.

Road hockey went from October until June but summer time when school was out it was Baseball 3 times a day every day. No way you could throw or hit a ball I couldn't field without you putting it over my head . Sadly we lost our team up here and with it went all interest in Baseball. We still have baseball fields , sometimes I wonder why, there is hardly ever anyone playing in them . That is the consequence of not having a MLB team.
That and baseball sucks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kegs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad