OT - NO POLITICS Subs, taxes and frozen pipes edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

Not only is the can sweet, but the liquid is awesome.

5B1B6944-093F-4581-8280-61C578A6EF9E.jpeg

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Drinking right now as we speak. Picked some up at the brewery today. Loving it. Photo is from earlier View attachment 663386

Awesome! Love to see it. It’s been popular…limited release but definitely pushing to bring it back next season.

Just got off the phone with my daughter. She got engaged! I’m pretty happy. Hes a great guy and treats her like a queen.

View attachment 663380

Congrats! Start preparing now, I have a feeling you’re gonna be a mess on her wedding day.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I know. Even worse is that I just found out that the person who hit me was under the influence of something. The cops will hopefully get what they need to charge him and I pray he has insurance.
That sucks.

Just got off the phone with my daughter. She got engaged! I’m pretty happy. Hes a great guy and treats her like a queen.

View attachment 663380
Aw...Congrats! The fact that you like him is huge.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

View attachment 663380
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

so he didn't talk to you first?

my wife made me talk to her father.....didn't go well.....he said "well shes a big girl it doesn't seem to matter what we say"........ouch

gonna be 30 years next year

• Haha
Reactions: sooshii

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am stunned that John Candy died 29 years ago

This still cracks me up

Time flies. My favourite movies are Uncle Buck and Trains, Planes and Automobiles - I have watched them so many times. Such a talented man and one of the really good guys.

View attachment 663380
Congratulations to your daughter - that is wonderful news!

Reactions: Gee Wally

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Taking up one’s cross can take a lot of different forms, especially during this season of Lent. Many of us make the usual Lenten sacrifices including fasting and abstention.

But perhaps, we are called in different ways to die to ourselves. In my brief experience with it, fatherhood has taught me that I must be willing to let go of certain things. Sometimes you can’t eat what you want, when you want because you need to put your child’s needs first. Sometimes I need to skip going to the gym when I want to go because my family needs me.

Sacrifice might mean staying at a job where you do not feel fulfilled because it pays the bills. Sometimes it means picking up the phone when that friend or relative in need calls, rather than letting it go to voicemail.

Sometimes it means to decrease meeting your own needs and desires to increase meeting the needs of others.

In many ways this goes against everything the world preaches; that we deserve what we want, when we want it.

For all those carrying invisible crosses, may Christ be with you today.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Love gardening and horticulture and been occupying a Hibiscus for 10 years now and usually it flowers in February but I had to transplant it into a bigger pot late November so I'm assuming that set it back a cycle or 2?
How lovely. and not necessarily--it might just be in shock and adjusting. My purple are blooming and absolutely beautiful. It was slightly damaged after planting so I"m surprised it did.
But have another one on the other side of the backyard and it could give a sh** if it blooms.
Give it a little of time and I think it will surprise you. Please send pics when it does!

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

so he didn't talk to you first?

my wife made me talk to her father.....didn't go well.....he said "well shes a big girl it doesn't seem to matter what we say"........ouch

gonna be 30 years next year

nah….and thats ok.
Theyve been together 4 years. Living together 3 years in Indiana.
When I saw him in person last. I brought it up.
‘So, ahhhh Chris, when are you going to do the right thing and marry my girl?’

He said he was working on getting a ring made that she had described to him.

That was good enough for me.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
nah….and thats ok.

supposedly that is going to happen to my daughter this year too

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
nah….and thats ok.

I think the asking permission is very outdated and paints the woman in the relationship as property.

It depends on the person - I think talking to the parent/giving a heads up depending on the relationship is one thing but the asking tradition is old school in todays society, IMO.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I think the asking permission is very outdated and paints the woman in the relationship as property.

It depends on the person - I think talking to the parent/giving a heads up depending on the relationship is one thing but the asking tradition is old school in todays society, IMO.

yeah, I never gave it any thought. It wasnt my expectation.

I did however the day we moved her to Indiana gave him my expectation in no uncertain terms.
I took him aside while the Bride was hugging our daughter goodbye.

If he ever harmed my little girl in any way , they would never find him. And he knew I was not joking.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

That and the "who gives this woman"

My wife had her parents walk her down the aisle....her parents, who were against us, got half way down and her mother bailed.....said I can't do this...her Dad carried on. They knew it wouldn't last....now, 2 kids later, bought land in Maine for our move in 2 years, and celebrating our 30 year anniversary next year

Guess prejudging people doesn't always work

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
That and the "who gives this woman"

My wife had her parents walk her down the aisle....her parents, who were against us, got half way down and her mother bailed.....said I can't do this...her Dad carried on. They knew it wouldn't last....now, 2 kids later, bought land in Maine for our move in 2 years, and celebrating our 30 year anniversary next year

Guess prejudging people doesn't always work
My parents weren’t fond of my blue collar husband (who worked in the same factory as my mom’s dad) when we got married. But they were happy we were getting married instead of living together. He studied and went to community college at night and became a police officer.

Eventually they came to love him.
40 years later, still going strong! :heart:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Amica is handling everything on my claim including talking with Boston Police and got me a rental car for tomorrow. aside from contacting the auto body shop to set up a time to have it towed down there, my work is done.

We believe that the guy hit my car when he saw that he was about to hit my neighbor's daughter head on. I'd rather my car be hit than an innocent woman being hurt or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad