OT - NO POLITICS Subs, taxes and frozen pipes edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Getting my rental car in a few hours so yay. Just waiting for AAA to come tow my car to the autobody.

I wish I was this productive right off the bat every day haha.

Not pleased about burning PTO but it did take the stress off of trying to juggle so many things at once.

I'm praying the axel isn't damaged. I did look to see what the dealership had for inventory in case I do need a new car. Now comes the conundrum of making sure a new car is fully paid for since my car is paid off.

@BMC how does that work if they total a 3 year old car with less than 10K miles on it?

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Getting my rental car in a few hours so yay. Just waiting for AAA to come tow my car to the autobody.

I wish I was this productive right off the bat every day haha.

Not pleased about burning PTO but it did take the stress off of trying to juggle so many things at once.

I'm praying the axel isn't damaged. I did look to see what the dealership had for inventory in case I do need a new car. Now comes the conundrum of making sure a new car is fully paid for since my car is paid off.

@BMC how does that work if they total a 3 year old car with less than 10K miles on it?
Keeping in mind that I'm not licensed in MA: If your policy has a replacement endorsement on it and your vehicle still qualifies, you should get a new car. If not the company will depreciate for age and condition in which case you will end up kicking in some of your own funds if you want a brand new vehicle to replace it, plus your deductible.

Remember insurance is to restore you as closely as possible to the condition you were in before the loss, it isn't to improve/better your condition before the loss.

Check your car's estimated value on a site like kelleybluebook.com, that way you'll have an idea as to what the company should be offering you for it.

Reactions: Alicat

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
You better show pictures of this garden! I don't have a green thumb much. Wish I did. Anyone who can start a garden or keep flowers or plants alive are good people.

I think the closest "plant" I've kept alive was a chia pet as a child :laugh:

*ducks*

Don't feel bad. In my family I'm known as "the plant killer". If you don't want a plant anymore just give it to me and I will see to it that it dies somehow. Hell I even managed to kill a Japanese bonsai plant :biglaugh:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Mione134 and Kovi

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
A seascape that I painted yesterday. If you look closely you can see some plants that @Mione134 killed.

02711E8F-B2B8-453C-9BE9-03F28649B999.jpeg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Keeping in mind that I'm not licensed in MA: If your policy has a replacement endorsement on it and your vehicle still qualifies, you should get a new car. If not the company will depreciate for age and condition in which case you will end up kicking in some of your own funds if you want a brand new vehicle to replace it, plus your deductible.

Remember insurance is to restore you as closely as possible to the condition you were in before the loss, it isn't to improve/better your condition before the loss.

Check your car's estimated value on a site like kelleybluebook.com, that way you'll have an idea as to what the company should be offering you for it.
Thanks! This gave me the info I needed.

Reactions: BMC

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

Here in NY they may total it, and pay you what it is worth at that point in it's life.

They may give you the option to buy it back from them (used to be $100) then you can use the $ they gave you to have it repaired, if it's cosmetic and not like a bent frame it's not a bad way to go...

So if a new one is 20,000, they may decide its worth 15,000, sell it back to you and if the repairs are like 10,000 you come out ahead

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
When I moved back to NH and bought a 2019 civic (cash), I never even bothered putting insurance on it as it's not a requisite here. But I don't drive it far except for in town.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
....woah, really? Dude.....this has made me so happy, thank you.

Will these insults ever know an end?

I have a false reputation to live up to around here. Please don't say I made you "happy."

Contrary to popular belief, Mike is actually an incredibly nice guy and kind of a giant softie.

SEE! This is the shit I'm talking about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad