OT - NO POLITICS Subs, taxes and frozen pipes edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Mikes always in the running for player hater of the year. Not buying the nice guy schtick
Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate!

I hate you. I hate you. I don't even know you and I hate ya guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you, and nobody else but you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go put water in Buck Nasty's momma dish.

Reactions: EverettMike

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Getting my rental car in a few hours so yay. Just waiting for AAA to come tow my car to the autobody.

I wish I was this productive right off the bat every day haha.

Not pleased about burning PTO but it did take the stress off of trying to juggle so many things at once.

I'm praying the axel isn't damaged. I did look to see what the dealership had for inventory in case I do need a new car. Now comes the conundrum of making sure a new car is fully paid for since my car is paid off.

@BMC how does that work if they total a 3 year old car with less than 10K miles on it?
You found who hit you...right?

Good luck. That sucks. It is always so expensive to fix cars.

Don't feel bad. In my family I'm known as "the plant killer". If you don't want a plant anymore just give it to me and I will see to it that it dies somehow. Hell I even managed to kill a Japanese bonsai plant :biglaugh:
I am much better with cats than plants.

A seascape that I painted yesterday. If you look closely you can see some plants that @Mione134 killed.

View attachment 664173
Very nice! Did Chibby help?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
State Championship update from the weekend where the weather scuttled all but the Class A Finals:

Oxford Hills is your MPA State AA Girls Basketball Champion for 2023 defeating Gorham 66-25;

Southern Aroostook wins MPA Class D Girls Basketball Championship;

Southern Aroostook repeats as MPA Class D Boys State Champion over Forest Hills of Jackman

South Portland wins MPA Class AA Boys over Portland;

State Championship Weekend concludes today from Augusta and Cross Center w/ the B/C finals (originally were at the Expo/Cross Arena,) which will be updated in this post later; btw, for those unfamiliar w/ Southern Aroostook it's a community called Dyer Brook which is where that school is based;

UPDATE: State Class B game between Ellsworth and Spruce Mountain (the combined Jay/Livermore Falls area) and the Calais/Dirigo (Dixfield) final are in progress.... then OOB/Dexter and Oceanside/Orono will conclude the state basketball tournament for another season;

Update 2: Ellsworth edges Spruce Mountain to win 1st State Class B Girls Championship 57-56; OOB defeats Dexter 35-24 to win State Class C Girls Championship;

Boys State Class B Champion is Orono 61-58 over Oceanside (Rockland); State Class C Champion is Dirigo of Dixfield 65-58 over Calais

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So I'm trying to learn Quickbooks and so far I hate it. Not user friendly at all IMO. Maybe it's just because I don't speak "accountant."

Blergh.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
You found who hit you...right?

Good luck. That sucks. It is always so expensive to fix cars.

I am much better with cats than plants.

Very nice! Did Chibby help?
I don’t know if they did or not. They seemed hopeful so fingers crossed. The police have at least one charge of vandalism ready in case they do find the person.

Complex has been fantastic through this whole thing this far. Hoping to talk to them in the next few weeks on how to make this stretch of road safer. I think a one way makes sense here.

Car is fixable and the adjuster said it is relatively easy to fix. I don’t know what exactly was damaged but I’m sure the paint alone is going to be a small fortune since my car has a pearl finish.

Got a Rav 4 as a rental so at least it is somewhat similar to mine.

The process is so tedious and draining.

I did get an A on my big paper for class so I am in great shape for the second half of this semester. 9 pages of position arguments and 18 pages of research analysis. 27 pages total.

Bleached

Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp
Oct 3, 2018
Wednesday at 1 pm a company called Relativity is planning on launching a rocket which is 85% 3D printed. Since this is a test flight and doesn't carry a payload, the name of the mission is "Good luck, have fun"

Japan launched a rocket tonight and had to send the self destruct command after the 2nd stage failed to light.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
$3,500 worth of damage. I haven’t seen the adjuster’s report yet. Will be curious to see if they replace my door since AAA had to use a crowbar to get it open.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Wednesday at 1 pm a company called Relativity is planning on launching a rocket which is 85% 3D printed. Since this is a test flight and doesn't carry a payload, the name of the mission is "Good luck, have fun"

Japan launched a rocket tonight and had to send the self destruct command after the 2nd stage failed to light.

This is the second time the new rocket has failed but that is why they test. 🚀

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Bleached

Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp
Oct 3, 2018
This is the second time the new rocket has failed but that is why they test. 🚀
The first time it never got off the ground allowing this 2nd attempt.
Although it was considered a test, it did have a satellite payload, which was lost. So they obviously expected a better outcome.

Reactions: rfournier103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad