OT - NO POLITICS Subs, taxes and frozen pipes edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Remember that time I decked my Jeep out in a Bruins theme and they won the cup that year? It's got 2 inches of lift - only 2 more and I can completely compensate for my manhood

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The first time it never got off the ground allowing this 2nd attempt.
Although it was considered a test, it did have a satellite payload, which was lost. So they obviously expected a better outcome.

I know, I watched the first launch attempt. For some reason I missed this second one, must have been frustrating to get it launched and then having to self destruct it because of the failure of the second stage to ignite. Engine ignition appears to be a trouble spot for this rocket.

Reactions: rfournier103

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I knew two rocket scientists.
Their job was basically like herding angry cats into a congo line using only math.
My last squadron assignment, our plane's primary mission was data collection for weapons testing, and we would occasionally fly to Ascension Island (look it up, it's pretty neat!) and take along some JPL engineers. On one of the flights, one of the engineers proudly wore a shirt his daughter had made for him. It said "Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist" Super smart dudes, though very much like the stereotype.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Yep, its the little things that get me through the chaos...

For instance, right now is an exciting time in the Camfan house (well at least for me). My hot pepper plants are starting to sprout! I plant them from seed indoor every winter and watch over them like a bird tending to its eggs :laugh:

Now the lights go on for about 18hrs a day until its warm enough outside, then my 100 or so babies go outside into the real world. When they're fully grown I dry them and grind them into flakes, make hot pepper jelly, hot sauce, and pickle the rest. The lineup this year is Ghost Pepper, Carolina Reaper, Pot Lava Yellow for the super hots and Habanero & Cayenne for the regular heat. Can't wait!

I have to grind them outside - thanks to an unfortunate incident that the family will never let me live down.
1678218554466.png

If only 20year old Camfan could see me now lol :wally:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

For instance, right now is an exciting time in the Camfan house (well at least for me). My hot pepper plants are starting to sprout! I plant them from seed indoor every winter and watch over them like a bird tending to its eggs :laugh:

Now the lights go on for about 18hrs a day until its warm enough outside, then my 100 or so babies go outside into the real world. When they're fully grown I dry them and grind them into flakes, make hot pepper jelly, hot sauce, and pickle the rest. The lineup this year is Ghost Pepper, Carolina Reaper, Pot Lava Yellow for the super hots and Habanero & Cayenne for the regular heat. Can't wait!

I have to grind them outside - thanks to an unfortunate incident that the family will never let me live down.
View attachment 664783

I have a couple plants growing outside, an Aji Amarillo that produced 4 peppers - two of which are turning orange and almost ready, the other two still green. I also have a Rocoto pepper plant which flowered but never turned into fruit and fell off. I'm pretty sure they stagnated because they're in too shallow a planter, I'll go bigger with the next ones or just plant into the soil itself after they start outgrowing the planter.

I haven't really been able to start any new seedlings recently since it's been cold - I have a hydroponic setup for sprouting them then I transplant into a pot, but the seeds don't release when it's cold. I think this week I'm going to clear out all the Basil that's taking over my hydroponic garden and free up some pods to start more peppers and tomatoes. I have a few tomato plants starting and one bell pepper going. But I need to start a few more hot pepper plants so that I'll have a bunch of them growing in the summertime.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I need to set up my hydroponic garden. Going to do mostly lettuce and one tomato plant.

I do have garlic at my mom's that is doing well. I am hopeful that it will be ready to harvest when I get out there in late June. I used store bought garlic but if they work then we will buy garlic from a garlic farmer. I kind of want to try growing potatoes in a 5 gallon bucket but I think that may be a bit much for my mom.

• Love
Reactions: CamFan81

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

View attachment 664783

Mmmmm pepper jelly. I make a peach habanero that is so good!!

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I need to set up my hydroponic garden. Going to do mostly lettuce and one tomato plant.

I do have garlic at my mom's that is doing well. I am hopeful that it will be ready to harvest when I get out there in late June. I used store bought garlic but if they work then we will buy garlic from a garlic farmer. I kind of want to try growing potatoes in a 5 gallon bucket but I think that may be a bit much for my mom.
a 5 gallon bucket may be too small but the totes sold at home inprovement stores work well

Reactions: Alicat

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I look rough, but I wanted to share the cuteness. My Ellie girl wanted chicken nuggets, so that's what she got. And she got to hold two of them and was very happy about it lmao! Elmo all day long. And finally nap time on a very tired and exausted me. But these moments are so precious I don't even care. I love being an Auntie.

20230303_184125.jpg

20230303_212812.jpg

20230303_224153.jpg

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I look rough, but I wanted to share the cuteness. My Ellie girl wanted chicken nuggets, so that's what she got. And she got to hold two of them and was very happy about it lmao! Elmo all day long. And finally nap time on a very tired and exausted me. But these moments are so precious I don't even care. I love being an Auntie.

View attachment 664925

View attachment 664926

View attachment 664923
I am all too familiar with that Sesame Street episode with Pentatonix, though my kids haven't watched the show in a couple of years. Some great musical guests over the years. This is my favorite.

Another awesome one.

Reactions: Alicat and Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I am all too familiar with that Sesame Street episode with Pentatonix, though my kids haven't watched the show in a couple of years. Some great musical guests over the years. This is my favorite.

Another awesome one.

I was more of a Barney kid. But I did watch Sesame Street some times. Her older sister was a Barney and Elmo kid. And her brother liked just Elmo's world.

This little girl just wants that episode over and over and over. She laughs every.dang.time! Whatever she wants to watch I'm good with. I used to despise Cocomelon, but now I don't hate it as much.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

View attachment 664925

View attachment 664926

View attachment 664923

I loved, absolutely loved looking after my sister's kids when they were small. We had loads of fun together.

Enjoy the time with her now because she will be grown before you know it. I miss those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad