OT - NO POLITICS Subs, taxes and frozen pipes edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Danni's Queer Bar, which would be Boston's "first queer bar for women and non-binary LGBTQ+ community members who feel like we have no place," lists an address of 907 Boylston St. - the former home of the Pour House - in paperwork on file at the Secretary of State's office.

The Pour House and neighboring bars along that stretch of Boylston closed as the pandemic erupted in 2020.
Former Pour House patrons coming back to town and showing up for a drink:

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Forecast less than an inch up to 14 "

I can't decide weather (pun there) or not to go get milk, bread and TP
I mean it could be a day before I could get out....may run out of everything

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII and BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Stay safe @AngryMilkcrates and @Bruinaura!

I watch a lawyer on Youtube and they cancelled school in Franklin today b/c of the weather.
Yep, schools closed here today. The storms are coming in a little later than ejected so I got Daisy to the groomer and back home already, and am now in the waiting room for my doctor appointment. Hoping i can make it to work before it rains, then it can stop by the time I have to leave again to take daisy to the vet. o_O

It is quite breezy out right now.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Of course its your errands day, right?

Windy here, already trimmed tree branches around the house and driveway. Cant have anything falling and damaging anything/anyone important.
They trimmed most of the trees in our parking lot at work but haven't cleaned them up so we essentially have piles of shrapnel waiting to be thrown about.

Real smart, our fearless leaders...

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
WHAT is going on.:cold:
Get on a plane and get down here. It's 60 and feels like 75.
We got room, friends...

Reactions: CamFan81

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
What a day. The last time I saw winds this crazy was during a hurricane in Florida. Power went out at the office at 1:00. We sent everyone home at 2:30. I left and went to take daisy to the vet. There were traffic lights out, with the usual people who have no idea what to do in that situation. Where the lights were still working, some of them were way off on the cycling. Lights that hung from wires were at times parallel to the road so you couldn't see if they were working or not. I saw four fire trucks and two ambulances.

Just bonkers. Supposed to calm down in the next hour or so, at least.

I'm already ready to go to bed.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
What a day. The last time I saw winds this crazy was during a hurricane in Florida. Power went out at the office at 1:00. We sent everyone home at 2:30. I left and went to take daisy to the vet. There were traffic lights out, with the usual people who have no idea what to do in that situation. Where the lights were still working, some of them were way off on the cycling. Lights that hung from wires were at times parallel to the road so you couldn't see if they were working or not. I saw four fire trucks and two ambulances.

Just bonkers. Supposed to calm down in the next hour or so, at least.

I'm already ready to go to bed.
Glad you’re safe!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Trampolines... otherwise known as God's Frisbees

Screenshot_20230303_191506_Facebook.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad