OT - NO POLITICS Subs, taxes and frozen pipes edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Dear Canadians,

I thought we were friends. WTF??

Please tell me they taste a bit of maple syrup.

Bring em on. I don't give a shit at this point. I'll fight a f***ing super pig.
I knew a guy in Texas who had a very lucrative business hunting wild hogs. Numerous ranchers and farmers paid him excellent money eliminate them.

He had about a half-dozen hunting dogs, a truck to transport the canines and his equipment, a couple of rifles, and a pistol for close range.

PS: All of the meat from these hogs tastes like garbage. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

PPS: They have ZERO fear of humans and WILL attack if you get too close.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I knew a guy in Texas who had a very lucrative business hunting wild hogs. Numerous ranchers and farmers paid him excellent money eliminate them.

He had about a half-dozen hunting dogs, a truck to transport the canines and his equipment, a couple of rifles, and a pistol for close range.

PS: All of the meat from these hogs tastes like garbage. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I already said I'll fight the super pig! No need to make it sound even more enticing!

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I already said I'll fight the super pig! No need to make it sound even more enticing!
Listen, Mike… I’m just looking out for your best interests. By that, I’m just telling you that if you’re going to fight super pigs, why not get paid for it?

Hunting harmful invasive species could be a money-maker in the years to come. You have young kids that might want to go to college, right? I think you might thrive as a business owner in that field, and you seem like the kind of guy who would do well as your own boss.

Think about it.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I am gutted tonight.

A long time friend John Conney suffered a stroke Thursday night while watching Pittsburgh and Edmonton and was rushed to the Brigham but he died early this afternoon.

John knew more about hockey than anyone I have ever met.

Bernie Corbett the radio voice of BU hockey offered this tribute.

I am going to have to fly back from Vancouver to help his companion Sue deal with this.

I take comfort that he died watching hockey.

So sorry to hear about your friend, Kevin. You're a good man for helping support his companion.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Palmdale, California(about an hour north of LA)

I grew up about an hour east of Palmdale, also in the high desert, and snow wasn't all that uncommon. Getting that much is - we got 6 inches when I was in middle school, and my brother got 11 inches about 10 years ago, but it was usually no more than an inch or two. It's much less common to get it in the Inland Empire like Fontana, or near the coast, like at Santa Cruz.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI

I have friends in Texas that started out just protecting their farm and livestock, then they started out renting themselves out to other farms, now they moved on to turning those feral hogs into dog food... A serious problem turned itself into a serious business strategy.
Night Vision/suppressed rifles/industrial meat grinders = Bank.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I have friends in Texas that started out just protecting their farm and livestock, then they started out renting themselves out to other farms, now they moved on to turning those feral hogs into dog food... A serious problem turned itself into a serious business strategy.
Night Vision/suppressed rifles/industrial meat grinders = Bank.
Quite the business model!!! :oops:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007

We have javelinas. Delightful creatures (not); have seen two fairly up close. They are actually members of the peccary family -also known as skunk pigs or razorbacks. They make an alien type, guteral noise.

We have them on the other side of our development, but haven't seen any on our property. They are basically Arizona's answer to the east coast racoon.
28xp-javelina1-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I don’t color my hair. I’ve recently decided to treat myself to a facial or massage on alternating months with the money I’ve “saved” by not coloring.

That’s how I rationalize it, anyways.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY

Those hogs sound like what always blindsided and killed me when I played Cabelas big game hunting on ps2 like 20 years ago as a kid.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I don’t color my hair. I’ve recently decided to treat myself to a facial or massage on alternating months with the money I’ve “saved” by not coloring.

Had a color and cut today. My stylist let me pick the color for low lights then when she was done she didn’t like it (not enough contrast) so she did it over with some red tones. Looks pretty good now.

I feel like I was there all day. :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

I've stopped doing highlights and I just get my roots touched up every 4-6 months.

Are you doing just the basic facial or a specific type? I could really use a good cleansing one.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I've stopped doing highlights and I just get my roots touched up every 4-6 months.

Are you doing just the basic facial or a specific type? I could really use a good cleansing one.

I go back and forth depending on the time of year. I do a super hydrating one (hyrdadew) in the winter and then a more standard one in other months.

It’s more about finding someone and seeing them regularly so they get to know your skin and its needs. I’ve developed some rosacea in recent years and she’s been able to recommend products that have made a difference for me.

Reactions: Alicat

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
This is the line I use…the calming line is amazing. Full sizes are pretty spendy, but they’re very concentrated and last a long time.

Finding a good esthetician is important too. There’s a group of 4 of my friends that all see the same woman. We were going to a wedding over the summer and had a spray tan party with wine in the spa.

The first time I met with her and was complaining about the increased redness in my cheeks she said “girl we suffer from the same thing. SIS - Shitty Irish Skin”.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
This is the line I use…the calming line is amazing. Full sizes are pretty spendy, but they’re very concentrated and last a long time.

Finding a good esthetician is important too. There’s a group of 4 of my friends that all see the same woman. We were going to a wedding over the summer and had a spray tan party with wine in the spa.

The first time I met with her and was complaining about the increased redness in my cheeks she said “girl we suffer from the same thing. SIS - Shitty Irish Skin”.
Ahh yes the shitty Irish skin. I’ve started to get more freckles as I’ve gotten older and SPF 75 is my best friend in the summer.

I now use Supergoop unseen sunscreen daily as my primer. I might not wear makeup but I always wear sunscreen . t’s SPF 40.

i Need to make a dermatologist appointment for my annual skin check so thank you for triggering that important to do.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
-Coco Bay resort Antigua
-Vanguard personal advisors
-Jordan & White attorney Danvers,Ma

You’re welcome!

Ha! Thanks. We’re already booked in at Sandals Antigua. Booked my 40th when we were in Jamaica for my husbands 40th last January, and also our 10 year anny in Barbados next year. It’s significantly cheaper if you book trips while on property.

Appreciate the other two recs!

Reactions: sooshii

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Ha! Thanks. We’re already booked in at Sandals Antigua. Booked my 40th when we were in Jamaica for my husbands 40th last January, and also our 10 year anny in Barbados next year. It’s significantly cheaper if you book trips while on property.

Appreciate the other two recs!
Nice! Love Antigua, very British vibe to it.

Reactions: Kate08

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Savor Beauty, skin friends. Savor Beauty, The gal that developed it is a gem of a human. I met her assistant at my Feng Shui core training 2 years ago. I haven't used anything else on my skin since then. 1 zillion % worth the money.

Eminence Organic is also my go to for cleanser. Can't live without it. I'm turning 55 in a few weeks and I'm pretty pleased with my skin (minus the squamous cancer I had removed in Nov. which was small/early likely from my 80s tanning booth days)

Still doing a few foils here and there, I didn't have the patience to embrace the grow out. Maybe I will eventually?
@Sooshi. It feels like days. lol

i Need to make a dermatologist appointment for my annual skin check so thank you for triggering that important to do.
Call today. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad