Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Pat Maroon signs with STL (1 year, $1.75M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I’m happy to have him here, I’m thrilled for him personally.

I wonder where this leaves us money wise for Edmundson and to a lesser degree, Schmaltz

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
This definitely seems like it's Maroon taking what the Blues can fit under the cap for the time being so he can be at home. He gets his raise once Bouwmeester and Gunnarsson are off the books next year.

Reactions: 67Blues

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
I’m happy to have him here, I’m thrilled for him personally.

I wonder where this leaves us money wise for Edmundson and to a lesser degree, Schmaltz
That's my concern too. I feel like it gives us too many forwards and not enough money to lock up Edmundson, which to me is much more important for this team.

Reactions: Morrison

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
That's my concern too. I feel like it gives us too many forwards and not enough money to lock up Edmundson, which to me is much more important for this team.

It’s relatively simple solution. Move any one of Steen, Bouwmeester, and Gunnarsson, but I just didn’t think Army would do that.

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago

It's an interesting roster for sure. The Blues will have at least one really good player on the 4th line (injuries aside, obviously).

The roster below leaves $3,740,679 in cap space for Edmundson.

Fabbri | ROR | Tarasenko
Schwartz | Schenn | Perron
Steen | Bozak | Thomas
Maroon | Barbs | Jaskin
Thorburn | Soshnikov

___ | Pietrangelo
Dunn | Parayko
Bouwmeester | Bortuzzo
Gunnarsson

Allen | Johnson​

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
If Maroon was willing to sign for anything remotely NEAR 1.75M, how come the Oilers didn't resign him months ago?? How many millions did he lose just to stay in STL? Surely, there must've been much better offers.

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
If Maroon was willing to sign for anything remotely NEAR 1.75M, how come the Oilers didn't resign him months ago?? How many millions did he lose just to stay in STL? Surely, there must've been much better offers.

He's from St. Louis and has a young son here. There are also rumblings of a handshake deal to give him an extension in January. The Blues are tight on cap space this year. Next year Bouwmeester and Gunnarsson are gone and it opens up enough room for Maroon to get closer to market value.

No way a guy in his position signs a 1-year deal for 1.75M if money is his biggest priority.

Reactions: 67Blues

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Great contract. I love Maroon. I would of been worried about giving him more than 2 years though. Great deal for the Blues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad