Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Pat Maroon signs with STL (1 year, $1.75M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Being in town with his son was obviously worth more to him than money.
Could have paid for his son's family's moving costs and living expenses and given about a million of spare cash and probably made a profit anyway. I wonder...

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
St. Louis has had a nice offseason although I think one day they will regret losing Tage Thompson.

I sincerely doubt the Blues will miss Thompson at all. At RW alone they have Kostin, Kyrou and Bokk. You must be projecting big things from Tage, I see a middle 6 RW personally. In any case point still stands, when you draft as well as the Blues have in recent years guys like Tage are easily replaced.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Great hometown discounted deal for the Blues. Blues have done very well this off season.

Mad respect for Patty... taking the deal to be close to his son. I sincerely hope he doesn’t get injured and regret this decision from a financial perspective.

Would have loved him back on the Oil at $2.5-3 AAV for 3 years.

Good luck Big Rig!
na I think maroon is happy to play hockey and make solid cash. I dont think he cares greatly about a million here or there which seems crazy but family is more important.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Could have paid for his son's family's moving costs and living expenses and given about a million of spare cash and probably made a profit anyway. I wonder...

There's a little problem with your scenario though where his son's mother who has custody maybe doesn't want to uproot her entire life?

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
WOW I can't believe he's making around as much as Drake Caggiula. Why couldn't the Oilers just offer the guy 3M?

Blues are gonna love this guy.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Apparently the agent was turning down 4aav.....and now hes shining shoes.
Poor Pat has been severely underpaid for the past 2 years and will continue to be again. No one can even hate on the guy because even when he's struggling, he's still at least a 3M dollar player

Reactions: STLomacneko

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Maroon - O'Reilly - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Thomas - Schenn
Perron - Bozak - Steen
Fabbri - Barbashev - Jaskin
Soshnikov
Sanford

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Poor Pat has been severely underpaid for the past 2 years and will continue to be again. No one can even hate on the guy because even when he's struggling, he's still at least a 3M dollar player
I get the feeling he will be rewarded for this with a solid 2 year contract extension around January. We should have the room after JBo/Gunnarsson drop off the books.

LetsGoBooze

Let the re-tool breathe
Jan 16, 2012
What a steal. I really like what St. Louis has done so far this off season. They could easily be the most improved club in the league next season.
4sure. Gonna be one of only a few teams that make the playoffs after missing last year.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
He turned down more money. He wanted to play in Stl

Dude, so am I. 30k is NOTHING for an agent.

Besides, I'm one of the most preeminent posters on here.

Patty hit me up bud, let's scratch each other's backs, no pope.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Maroon - O'Reilly - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Thomas - Schenn
Perron - Bozak - Steen
Fabbri - Barbashev - Jaskin
Soshnikov
Sanford

Some minor edits to go with the 4 scoring line approach I expect the Blues to take.

Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Maroon-Bozak-Tarasenko
Fabbri-O'Reilly-Soshnikov
Steen-Thomas-Barbashev
Jaskin

Also, Kyrou might press the issue and take one of Sosh or Barbie's spots.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Could really be a great value contact for STL. Seems to produce decently no matter where he's played.

Blues have always been pretty deep on the wings and defense, looks like they have the center depth to go with it this year. Going to be a scary team for sure.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
WOW I can't believe he's making around as much as Drake Caggiula. Why couldn't the Oilers just offer the guy 3M?

Blues are gonna love this guy.
Oilers had an open offer for 3 years at around 3-3.5 on the table all year for him up until the deadline.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
As another poster said. Maroon does not have full custody of his son, and Maroon is no longer with Anthony's mother so no he couldn't have just moved his son to Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad