Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Dylan Holloway (2 years, $2.290457M AAV) and D Philip Broberg (2 years, $4.580917M AAV) sign offer sheets with the Blues (not matched)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Yes, I'm sure they are going to ask for a 1st for a player that has 1 or 2 years left on his deal at a decent cap hit in today's NHL.

Ceci has 1 year left at 3.25 mil per.
Kulak has 2 years left at 2.75 mil per.

Teams in August are comfortable with their roster going into training camp, need to clear out cap or are looking to get an insanely good deal.

No one is looking at Ceci or Kulak right now and thinking they need a bottom pair D, they'd be looking and thinking about how much they can get from Edmonton to do them a favour.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
Despite Ceci’s reputation I don’t think either would be that hard to move. NHL GMs always have time for big veteran defensemen even if in Ceci’s case his on ice play hasn’t been good in quite some time.
His on ice play was never good. That’s why Ottawa shipped him off. Developed very poorly. Ott tried to shove shut down D style on him and it backfired because he isn’t quick enough at making decisions in this league. Maybe it’s his own fault though who knows.

Reactions: WhataKnight

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Every offer sheet that gets signed is announced

I'm talking about the ones that DON'T get signed, teams sending out feelers to pending RFAs on other teams, but there's no interest on the other side so we never hear about it.

Thomas Harley's still a RFA with Dallas. I'm willing to bet other teams have tabled offers that he's declined - but we'll never know.

Reactions: SI90

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I think Edmonton should match Holloway. That offer is not bad for what he brings…and he is worth more than a 2nd.

Then if I’m Edmonton I gladly do not match Broberg. He is not worth $4.5 and I would much rather have a 1st and 3rd instead of him.
Believe the compensation would be a 3rd for Holloway and a 2nd for Broberg.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm talking about the ones that DON'T get signed, teams sending out feelers to pending RFAs on other teams, but there's no interest on the other side so we never hear about it.

Thomas Harley's still a RFA with Dallas. I'm willing to bet other teams have tabled offers that he's declined - but we'll never know.
That has nothing to do with this then

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
His on ice play was never good. That’s why Ottawa shipped him off. Developed very poorly. Ott tried to shove shut down D style on him and it backfired because he isn’t quick enough at making decisions in this league. Maybe it’s his own fault though who knows.
Trust me I’m no fan of Ceci I just don’t believe the fan perception of his trade value (would have to give a first to move him) is accurate.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think these are two young guys with some pedigree that you overpay for now just to get them in the system. They're basically still prospects, with many years of cost-control ahead of them.

Broberg might just be a #6 right now but he's a #6 with the upside to become maybe a #5 or #4, he's not just like Chad Ruhwedel. Holloway is a 4th liner but probably has middle-6 upside.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Nice.

I like it when teams utilize offer sheets. Make this a real option that exists even outside of paper. Viable offer sheets greatly benefit the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad