Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Dylan Holloway (2 years, $2.290457M AAV) and D Philip Broberg (2 years, $4.580917M AAV) sign offer sheets with the Blues (not matched)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
It's great because it's not just an offer sheet, but two of them for players on the same team. They're clearly designed to put EDM in a tough spot. The offer sheet really is the evil method of player movement. It's like every time one happens it's not just a team trying to acquire a player, it's got some nefarious underhandedness about it.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
$4.5mil for Broberg? That seems like a lot.
Well no shit, what is the point of the offer sheet if it's a fair contract that the team receiving the offer sheet would love to sign lol (asking for you Bergevin and Montreal). The only way offer sheets work, is that you overpay for potential. That's what Carolina did with Kotkaniemi, it was a well executed offer sheet. Now re-signing Kotkaniemi to a long deal, that's when they made the mistake. The actual OS to get him from Montreal, well done.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Oilers have Arvidsson and Henrique signed for 7M. I could see why Holloway and Broberg might decide to get paid closer to what they are worth at this stage of their career.

I wonder if the Oilers might try to trade Arvidsson and/or Henrique to try to match the Broberg O/S.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
This literally makes zero sense.

If Edmonton trades Ceci & Kulak they can sign both Broberg & Holloway.

Not to mention Kane won't be all that difficult to trade if need be

Yes, I'm sure the market for Kulak and Ceci is very robust in August, especially since Edmonton would be in a position where they have to make a move.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I wonder if either player expects/wants Edmonton to match. I think a few times in the past a player signed an offer sheet, and then was surprised by being cut loose.

I also wonder if both players knew that the other guy was doing the same thing, or if they were alone in their negotiations. You'd assume they are in on the plan with STL. But negotiations are private, so maybe they thought they were the only one doing this to Edmonton.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
1723557256500.jpeg

9-OlzO5XdRqF41rtBik5Ffv9uJh99XpHtyRqAwe_iaAN3m8AxSue0zn3Xx2hVPGYI8CbuJZDTwPIwkUmr5cfHndmcofRRQhVEnC2qxuBaKIkKhbnFdZUR8s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad