Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Dylan Holloway (2 years, $2.290457M AAV) and D Philip Broberg (2 years, $4.580917M AAV) sign offer sheets with the Blues (not matched)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Despite Ceci’s reputation I don’t think either would be that hard to move. NHL GMs always have time for big veteran defensemen even if in Ceci’s case his on ice play hasn’t been good in quite some time.
When you know a team is in dire straights there’s no reason not to get the most out of them. Oilers would have no choice

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The Blues throwing a wrench into things.

Have to think with Evander on IR to start the year, that Edmonton will match the Halloway one for sure.
Giving away first round picks because of bad cap management is a tough go.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
burn.gif

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Yes, I'm sure they are going to ask for a 1st for a player that has 1 or 2 years left on his deal at a decent cap hit in today's NHL.

Ceci has 1 year left at 3.25 mil per.
Kulak has 2 years left at 2.75 mil per.
The compensation for the offer sheet is a 2nd and a 3rd. You want more than that if bailing them out. Broberg is gone anyways for sure, I think they match Holloway

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Those players can't be dealt now, correct? Edmonton will have to move others if possible.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Yes, I'm sure they are going to ask for a 1st for a player that has 1 or 2 years left on his deal at a decent cap hit in today's NHL.

Ceci has 1 year left at 3.25 mil per.
Kulak has 2 years left at 2.75 mil per.
Why wouldn’t they? They now edm has to make the trade to keep broberg and holloway. Why wouldn’t they use that against them? Oh no edm might say no and they won’t get two mid to bad players lmao

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Is it? I thought the point is to better your team
Offering a fair contract through an offersheet makes the team more likely to match which defeats the purpose. The Blues intend to improve their team by wanting to add these two which would have cost more assets than a 2nd and a 3rd if they simply traded for them. Instead, they paid more in terms of salary which puts the Oilers at a really bad spot.

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
How do offer sheets work? Do the Oilers have to pay Broberg 2 x 4.5m or can they negotiate with him and do maybe like 5 x 4m?

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
Why wouldn’t they? They now edm has to make the trade to keep broberg and holloway. Why wouldn’t they use that against them? Oh no edm might say no and they won’t get two mid to bad players lmao
Not many teams have 6 better defensemen than Ceci & Kulak..

I agree, the Oilers will have to pay with futures... I'm not saying they are valuable.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Offering a fair contract through an offersheet makes the team more likely to match which defeats the purpose. The Blues intend to improve their team by wanting to add these two which would have cost more assets than a 2nd and a 3rd if they simply traded for them. Instead, they paid more in terms of salary which puts the Oilers at a really bad spot.
Pretty easy for me to walk away from the Broberg deal.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
How do offer sheets work? Do the Oilers have to pay Broberg 2 x 4.5m or can they negotiate with him and do maybe like 5 x 4m?

Broberg and Holloway were RFAs, but that still means they were Free Agents - they negotiated the deals, it just means Edmonton can either match the contracts that were signed or take the draft pick compensation.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Those players can't be dealt now, correct? Edmonton will have to move others if possible.
They can’t be traded by EDM for a yr if they match. If they go to STL, they can trade them at will.

Pretty sure EDM can’t trade them during the 7days they have to match either OS.

Reactions: JEI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad