Blue Jays Discussion: Steve Pearce: comeback machine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

I love what the White Sox are doing. They wanted to rebuild so they went all in on it that's how you should it. They have an insane farm system. Still could add to it with Clippard and Gonzalez trades. Obviously not every prospect will work out but they've given themselves enough prospect capital to improve the team through trades and still have enough for a nice core group to develop down the road. They're going to be a terrible team for a while but their future is really bright.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I love what the White Sox are doing. They wanted to rebuild so they went all in on it that's how you should it. They have an insane farm system. Still could add to it with Clippard and Gonzalez trades. Obviously not every prospect will work out but they've given themselves enough prospect capital to improve the team through trades and still have enough for a nice core group to develop down the road. They're going to be a terrible team for a while but their future is really bright.

I think they put themselves in a position where they had to scorch the earth because they had literally nothing in their farm system. Its a product of a poorly run organization. That said, they've done very well for themselves; though I will say, they've taken on a tremendous amount of risk.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I think they put themselves in a position where they had to scorch the earth because they had literally nothing in their farm system. Its a product of a poorly run organization. That said, they've done very well for themselves; though I will say, they've taken on a tremendous amount of risk.

Exactly. If your MLB teams and farm system suck you have no choice but to do a full rebuild.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Next year I hope the Jays sign a bunch of one year deals and see if they can flip them at the trade deadline.

That was part of the Cubs strategy for building. They don't have to be one year deals, either.

Exactly. If your MLB teams and farm system suck you have no choice but to do a full rebuild.

I'm more of a continuous building and sustainability kind of guy. That's the true advantage of having a big payroll. Its not signing free agents, its retaining your own talent through their primes.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
That was part of the Cubs strategy for building. They don't have to be one year deals, either.

I'm more of a continuous building and sustainability kind of guy. That's the true advantage of having a big payroll. Its not signing free agents, its retaining your own talent through their primes.

In baseball I only believe in a full on rebuild if the farm system is horrendous and your MLB team really has no chance of making the playoffs. The recent Phillies teams are an example of this.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Liriano to Houston

giphy.gif

okie.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Speculation time ;)

Who is good and we can realistically get?

Part of me tells me it would be anything special... like a long shot top 30 prospect similar to what we gave up for Feldman.

But another part has me thinking that a lot of teams wee rumored to be after Liriano as a reliever so we might get something decent.

Ill bet the former.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Myles Straw could be interesting. 22 year old OF in High A who is on the smaller side.

Good OBP, good speed....the straw that stirs the drink

I was about to say the same thing. A little older for the level then you would like but nothing to bad, and I'm a sucker for a player who walks more then he strikes out. He also seems likely to stick in CF.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Part of me tells me it would be anything special... like a long shot top 30 prospect similar to what we gave up for Feldman.

But another part has me thinking that a lot of teams wee rumored to be after Liriano as a reliever so we might get something decent.

Ill bet the former.

I would be perfectly happy with someone in the 20-30 range from the Astros' system.

Scrolling through the Astros list and knowing nothing about most of the players, I'm gonna pick Jason Martin out of a hat.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Ill bet the former.

All of their top 30 OF's are pretty good. I am surprised though because I thought the Jays had some good ones throughout. Would have thought bringing in a pitcher, even a lower level one, would make more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad