Blue Jays Discussion: Steve Pearce: comeback machine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Likely trading an outfielder?

Bautista, Pearce or Carrera is not totally out of the question I guess. I doubt anyone would be interested in flipping for Aoki himself. He's not bad for a non-competing team (pure-stats watching), but he's old and not THAT good (once again pure-stats watching) :laugh:

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Now the question is, where does Aoki play?

Me thinks something else is up

I was thinking the same thing. Jays now have 5 outfielders on their roster. Could be something with Pearce, hoping it's something with Morales, but also could be nothing.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Aoki is a very good contact hitter in the same way Ben Revere is a good contact hitter.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is a NBA-style trade where we just immediately DFA Aoki and get a better prospect from eating the salary.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
maybe Bautista or Pearce are on the move? I'm not sure what the point of Aoki would be when you have a similar player (Smith) waiting in the minors that is 11 years younger.

i'm guessing Aoki must be a salary dump

No guessing. I can even see he's a salary dump. The question is, does he still play in the MLB or is he not even that good.

I'd prefer playing prospects but if it means more deals, I do not care either way.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
DFA or non-tender.

Yes he is a nontender candidate, but there's still currently 5 OFers on the Jays. They could DFA him but something else could be up.

What position is Kemp better at? I see he's listed as a 2b and LF/CF

could be a bench option and potential utility guy if he can handle multiple positions.

Natural 2B that was getting pushed to the OF because he's blocked by Altuve. Think of it like the Travis/Kinsler situation.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Arash Madani reports the Jays are getting back a LFer who could start on the 2018 roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad