Blue Jays Discussion: Steve Pearce: comeback machine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Do you often see teams do prospect upgrades in baseball? I.e. The Jays trade Liriano and someone like Harold Ramirez for a better OF prospect than what Liriano could get on his own?

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Stros are pretty deep in the OF so it's a good idea to target them. They are probably more likely to deal a decent OF prospect than some other teams due to all the depth they have.

Yankees are another team we could probably target for outfielders.

Acekicker123

Dec 31, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario
An OF'er that the Astros would have to protect on the 40 man would be a good bet.

The Jays have some room and the Astros probably have less so that's where you can find a mutually beneficial swap where the Jays can squeeze a little extra value.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I have a feeling we'll eat some cash to get a good prospect. It'll be interesting to see how close to ready said prospect is

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Maybe a guy like Teoscar Hernandez? 24 year old OFer in AAA with a 118 WRC+ and I believe would have to be protected.

He was the first guy I thought made the most sense based on looking at the top 30 list. They want people ready for next year; he is that. Even if they have to eat a lot of cash or add to Liriano.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I'll take Tony Kemp or Jon Kemmer.

Kemp makes a lot of sense as far as changing the direction of the team goes. Left-handed, contact-oriented OF with some speed who can step in right away? I'd be happy with that.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
mike bolsinger

Borucki :sarcasm:

Gotta keep the lefties AMR ;)

Bolsinger, Valdez, Harrell, and any other AAA pitcher will likely be on the top of the list. It'll likely be a committee thing with anyone on the 40 man roster. Biagini may even get more reps.

It's not like it really matters. The rest of the year should be an audition. You never know what you could have out of any of them, even if they have sucked thus far. Although I am sure they will try to keep the team semi-competitive. It ain't going to be the Leafs Circa end of 2015-2016 season or anything.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Who will take his spot in the rotation?

Chris Rowley. There was a fluff piece about him on sportsnet recently. I expect they will give him a look soon. Organization already knows what Bolsinger is so there really is no point in him starting unless it's as a stop gap.

Borucki is on the 40 man but i expect we won't see him until September when the rosters expand and he has more starts at AA under his belt.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Just a pure $ dump on Astros' end including Aoki.

Hopefully it means we're taking Aoki and eating Liriano money in exchange for a good prospect.

It could be a pitcher or anyone else now too. They said outfielder (Aoki) coming back the other way, but they did not mention the other guy at all.

With the money we are taking, it could be a pretty good guy. Aoki ain't terrible either is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad