Blue Jays Discussion: Steve Pearce: comeback machine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
really like the deal for Liriano. Getting a young OF with good potential and could start next season in one of the corner OF position. Has speed to his game.

Good return for the Jays.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think Estrada could be a good fit in a trade with them, but I doubt Happ would. Interest in him would net us a lot more than I am sure they would give up.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That's a solid deal for Liriano.

So what's Hutchison up to now? I had high hopes for him but Hernandez, McGuire, Ramirez, Aoki and a year of Liriano including that very important couple of innings in the WC game where Baltimore was dumb is a solid return even if the 2 guys we got from Pittsburgh have seen their stocks drop drastically this year

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
So we picked up two prospects from the Pirates just to take on Lirano's contract, got decent use out of him last season, and now get another prospect for him this season? And all it cost us was Drew Hutchison? That seems to have worked out quite well.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Seems like pretty good value, although it adds to the Alford/Smith/Pompey glut of near MLB ready young outfielders which was already something of an organizational strength.

Would have been nice to get a pitching prospect back, although I guess when you're dealing with a replacement-level asset in Liriano beggars can't be choosers.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
So we picked up two prospects from the Pirates just to take on Lirano's contract, got decent use out of him last season, and now get another prospect for him this season? And all it cost us was Drew Hutchison? That seems to have worked out quite well.

The Jays got McGuire, Ramirez, Hernandez and Aoki, plus a year of Liriano in exchange for Drew Hutchison

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Seems like pretty good value, although it adds to the Alford/Smith/Pompey glut of near MLB ready young outfielders which was already something of an organizational strength.

Would have been nice to get a pitching prospect back, although I guess when you're dealing with a replacement-level asset in Liriano beggars can't be choosers.

Pompey can't stay healthy unfortunately. I think the organization is pretty close to giving up on him.

Smith has limited upside and is likely a 4th outfielder long term.

Alford is the only one that looks to be on track to be a regular at this point.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Pompey can't stay healthy unfortunately. I think the organization is pretty close to giving up on him.

Smith has limited upside and is likely a 4th outfielder long term.

Alford is the only one that looks to be on track to be a regular at this point.

Pompey's injury issues this year may have sort of bought us an extra year if we still want it. Normally we would have used his last option year but we've yet to option him because of all the off and on injury and injury rehab. If he can never stay healthy then oh well, but I'd have to imagine they keep him and use his last option year next year to see what's there.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The Jays got McGuire, Ramirez, Hernandez and Aoki, plus a year of Liriano in exchange for Drew Hutchison

+ a decent amount of cash though. Assuming we do not give up cash in this deal on top of taking Aoki, the Jays took on close 18.5 mill over his tenure to get that though. It's probably still worth the money, but there was more to it.

I think the Jays have more coming up. Only an hour left, but even in August I can see the Jays doing a decent amount. Estrada and Bautista are those types of assets after all.

Next year I see it a trial by committee. In the outfield. It'd be nice to see at least 2/4 spots belong to some deserving prospects next year.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Oakland get Jorge Mateo, Dustin Fowler and James Kaprielian.

Very underwhelming if you ask me. Yankees make out like bandits.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
+ a decent amount of cash though. Assuming we do not give up cash in this deal on top of taking Aoki, the Jays took on close 18.5 mill over his tenure to get that though. It's probably still worth the money, but there was more to it.

I think the Jays have more coming up. Only an hour left, but even in August I can see the Jays doing a decent amount. Estrada and Bautista are those types of assets after all.

Next year I see it a trial by committee. In the outfield. It'd be nice to see at least 2/4 spots belong to some deserving prospects next year.

I still feel like an OF is heading out today.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Yeah I'm underwhelmed by that return, and annoyed because it's the Yankees. A back end of the top 100 prospect is the centerpiece with 2 other solid but not amazing prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad