Blue Jays Discussion: Steve Pearce: comeback machine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Bo's strikeout rate is 11.5% in Dunedin. Vlad's is 16.9%. Vlad seemed to have had a tougher time adjusting to A ball. Granted he is only 18.

but vlad's 8.5% swinging strike percentage is a tick better than Bo's 8.6%, so this is more just vlad being a bit overpatient.

both those numbers are insanely good, of course.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It's pretty funny that Dunedin is winning 12-0 and Bichette is 0/5

Game finished 17-1

Bichette was 0-6 (no strikeouts)
Guerrero was 1-2 with 2 walks and a strikeout, 2 runs but no RBIs (he was swapped out late in the game)

So the Dunedin Jays scored 17 runs and the Bichette/Guerrero combo accounted for exactly 0 RBI and only 2 runs scored between them. :laugh:

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Nuts to them. All aboard the Riley Adams hype train.

Riley Adams is going to definitely be a tantalizing prospect. JPA vibes, here's hoping his defence doesn't stagnate though.

And before anybody says it, JPA ain't a bad thing. His 70 raw power at the catcher spot was enough to get him on top 100 lists.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I am honestly surprised that there have been no trades made by Toronto so far.

As am i, expected Liriano and Smith to be gone by now.

I alway doubt Zeke and he puts up a higher WAR than i expect but ill doubt him again, if there is a trade offer that makes sense then i move him.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Lucroy is headed to Colorado

Those Texas deals made last trade deadline where stupid then and even worse now. Giving up Brinson, Ortiz, Tate and more for Beltran (gone), Lucroy (gone) and Jeffries (they want him gone) was stupidity.

They better hope what they get for Lucroy turns out.

8:24pm: A player to be named later is going in return, per ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick (via Twitter). That may suggest it’s a recent draftee that will go back to Texas.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Those Texas deals made last trade deadline where stupid then and even worse now. Giving up Brinson, Ortiz, Tate and more for Beltran (gone), Lucroy (gone) and Jeffries (they want him gone) was stupidity.

They got rid of that PTBNL being a recent draft pick no? There was that big issue with everyone and their dog knowing Trea Turner was the PTBNL but he had to stay with San Diego's minor league system who knew they weren't getting any return on him.

The old rule was it had to be a year after the draft but a workaround was you could name the player 6 months after the trade at the most so you could trade 6 months after his draft then reaching the 12 months after the 6 PTBNL months pass. I thought they changed that to a hard you can't trade a recent drafted player until the offseason and no PTBNL nonsense. Just once the offseason is here you can trade them as known players in the trade.

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014
as much as the season is probably done, that was a bit of fun for the team and suffering fans. Good stuff Pearce

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS

Then you factor in the Odor extension and you have a rather bleak last twelve months in Texas.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Meh. Doesn't really mean anything.

When there were no rumors in the Anthopoulos tenure, it was all about "ninja" AA and how he kept things close to the vest.

Now there's no rumors and people fret and worry that it means the Jays aren't doing anything or ponder if there's some deeper significance to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad