Blue Jays Discussion: Steve Pearce: comeback machine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Concussion.

And to be fair, Jansen's ISO is not sub 100. In fact, Jansen has a higher ISO currently (.140) than Gary Sanchez did in his first two runs through Double-A (.130/.135). Had a higher ISO in A+ too.

Yeah, I don't see power as a huge issue for Jansen. It's hard to find old scouting reports on him because he was so far down the list of prospects his first couple years in the system, but I feel like I remember reading reports of him as a post-draft sleeper pick where there was talk of him having solid raw power. And it's definitely shown up in games to a far greater extent than it ever did for Thole.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah, I don't see power as a huge issue for Jansen. It's hard to find old scouting reports on him because he was so far down the list of prospects his first couple years in the system, but I feel like I remember reading reports of him as a post-draft sleeper pick where there was talk of him having solid raw power. And it's definitely shown up in games to a far greater extent than it ever did for Thole.

From Kiley's 2015 FG report

19. Dan Jansen, C Video: Jansen signed for $100,000 in the 16th round in 2o13 from a Wisconsin high school and the cold weather athlete emerged quicker than expected, putting up nice numbers in his first full season. Jansen has a powerful frame at 6'2/215 and has average raw power that he's learning to integrate into his game, but he isn't all tools: he has more walks than strikeouts for his career. The swing is good and he was limited by a knee issue in 2014, but has a 55 arm and enough ability to stick behind the plate. His full-season debut comes in 2015 and he's a favorite of many in the organization to take a big step forward this season.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Thanks man, here's hoping Stilson figures it out. :sarcasm:

Also, just like to give special shoutouts to DSJ, Christian Lopes, and Taylor Cole. They've lost their prospect badges so often but they keep on keeping on.

They really should give some of those Buffalo guys a shot after they move out their guys at the TDL.

Or even New Hampshire. It's not like either team is very good. They are like the worst teams in AAA and AA respectively, or one of anyways.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
MLB.com just came out with their new top 100/team top 30

Danny Jansen is apparently the fourth best catching prospect in the organization lmao

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Though it means nothing, I've been on the Danny Barnes hype train for a while too. I saw flashes from Tepera, but admittedly never thought he'd be this good. I thought he'd top out as a solid middle-inning guy.

Matt Dermody means well. T1 celebration skills but his stuff seems to be stuck in AAAA mode.

I think there's promise in Dermody. Even if it's just potentially to inherit a LOOGY role from the shambling mass that used to be called Aaron Loup.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Though it means nothing, I've been on the Danny Barnes hype train for a while too. I saw flashes from Tepera, but admittedly never thought he'd be this good. I thought he'd top out as a solid middle-inning guy.

I think there's promise in Dermody. Even if it's just potentially to inherit a LOOGY role from the shambling mass that used to be called Aaron Loup.

Maybe Loup turns things around too. He was good until recently was he not?

Otherwise he's an UFA after one more year of Arb and we can start looking to the future... Whether it's Dermody, Girodo, Borucki or whoever else.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Not sure if it was mentioned already but here's a couple of Jays related comments from FG prospect chat. They will also be releasing a midseason update to the top 100 and updated org top 10s.

Pearced: I haven't seen much about Ryan Borucki despite him having a very good year. What do you think his reasonable outcome is?

Eric A Longenhagen: Keep in mind success came as a 23-year old in A-ball. Delivery has some violence to it, he spent time on DL this year. More of a relief look for me, but a potentially valuable lefty & pen option.

Mike: Is Vlad Jr. the top prospect in baseball by the end of this year?

Eric A Longenhagen: Would involve Amed Rosario graduating

Alec Asher Wojciechowski: Are you going to do a midseason update on the top 100 and/or team prospect lists?

Eric A Longenhagen: Yes. I'm just about done with updated org top 10s. Tell teams to stop distracting me with trades.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Rockies looking for a catching upgrade. I wonder if we could cash in on montero

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Valdez' win makes me reminisce about Phil Huffman in 1979 pitching 3 gems against his old team (Oakland) amidst a horrendous season (6-18, 5.77 ERA). He was 3-0, 2 complete games against Oakland, allowing only 2 runs in those 3 starts including a one hitter.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Not sure if it was mentioned already but here's a couple of Jays related comments from FG prospect chat. They will also be releasing a midseason update to the top 100 and updated org top 10s.

Mike: Is Vlad Jr. the top prospect in baseball by the end of this year?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad