Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
giphy.webp

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Is there always a super long intro like this before game 1 of the finals?

I don't remember Avs/Lightning doing this. I especially don't remember them bringing the f***ing Stanley Cup out to chill there during anthems.
I definitely know that most years the Stanley Cup does not make an appearance until the first night it can actually be awarded.

Verhaeghe is Miami's Lehkonen.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
He's a 3-4 steps above really... my dark horse Conn Smythe.
Yeah, I agree. I just meant he's absolutely clutch for them. Always getting them the first goal, the equalizer or the OT winner. He's got 5 OT Winners. Only Maurice Richard (6) and Joseph "No quote" Sakic (8) have more. That is some damn elite air he's breathing.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, I agree. I just meant he's absolutely clutch for them. Always getting them the first goal, the equalizer or the OT winner. He's got 5 OT Winners. Only Maurice Richard (6) and Joseph "No quote" Sakic (8) have more. That is some damn elite air he's breathing.
Yeah... he's got the clutch gene for sure. Amazing to think he was a healthy scratch on that 2020 Bolts team. :oops:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
This is kinda surreal. For those that were around in '96. How many of you thought you would one day be cheering this hard for Florida?

I've always liked following them because George Richards is one of the better hockey journalists. I loved his On Frozen Pond column back in the day. Something about reading hockey in the Miami Herald always just feels so weirdly appropriate.

Reactions: Bender

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
This is kinda surreal. For those that were around in '96. How many of you thought you would one day be cheering this hard for Florida?

I've always liked following them because George Richards is one of the better hockey journalists. I loved his On Frozen Pond column for the Herald back in the day.
I was young and dumb in 96 and I thought JovoCop was going to lead them to every Cup final. I had zero idea that he actually sucked.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
This is where Miami really starts to shine. They thrive in the stuff after the whistles. They are also like a pack of rabid dogs when it comes to stuff around the crease.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad