Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

Maurice and Tkachuk with solid quotes in the last few days

Interesting to contrast how Tkachuk spits venom at opponents and Mikko saves his for Georgiev and Artturi's dad.

I would absolutely love to have a good quote on this team. We've got guys that are honest and guys that provide thoughtful responses but we don't really have a guy that talks shit to the press. I mean even Zadorov has been killing it with the press since he left. This team just needs to lighten up a bit.

Reactions: henchman21

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Interesting to contrast how Tkachuk spits venom at opponents and Mikko saves his for Georgiev and Artturi's dad.

I would absolutely love to have a good quote on this team. We've got guys that are honest and guys that provide thoughtful responses but we don't really have a guy that talks shit to the press. I mean even Zadorov has been killing it with the press since he left. This team just needs to lighten up a bit.
At this point, I would not be surprised if the Avs inability to be quotable is part of the organization’s whole PR plan. The funniest thing I can remember anyone on the team saying in a while is Mack at the parade with ‘I guess in my 9th year I actually won something’ and of course that wasn’t a structured interview and he was plastered.

Would love for someone in this organization to go full Roy level quotes

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Johnston, Stankoven and the Stars have to be the biggest beneficiaries of the Covid season. Suspect neither falls to their picks if the 2020-2021 season had proceeded normally

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nurse collecting those minuses.

Couldn't have asked for a worse start for the Oil.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Time to accept that Duchene might be raising the Cup in a few weeks. Only team that's stopping the Stars are the Panthers who need to end that series quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: Bender and Avs91

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Edmonton sucks. How are they in the WCF for the second time in 3 years. Oh yeah the weak pacific…
Amusingly the Avs have more wins in the WCF at Rogers Place than the Oilers do.

Particularly amusing stat - due to the bubble playoffs and their last win, the Dallas Stars have won more playoff games at Rogers Place than the Oilers (this is largely due to when they moved buildings)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad