Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Florida-Maruha.gif

Florida-Gudaslol.gif

Florida-Lomberglol.gif

Florida-Duclair.gif

Florida-Maurice.gif
Not sure what a few vids of legal hits are meant to suggest.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I thought the Knights were going to call up Kucherov's t-shirt maker and put in their order for something like "Thanks for the Cup, Gary" or "Thank You Referees"
Hustler Club missed the mark. They should have offered lapdances for life to the officials.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I hope Florida makes this a series. I'll feel salty if Vegas wins after 5 seasons in the league.

Yea, I'm petty and could try being a better person by being happy for Vegas. Heck, I'd much rather spend time in Vegas than Florida.

But I've suffered too many years as a tortured Rangers fan to be level headed and reasonable about this. f*** the Golden Knights. I hope they choke just like Boston did.

Am I drunk? Yes, but the point still stands. Let's go Florida!

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Buying that gold jersey at the store...
Cause I don't hate Golden Knights no more...

Actually might work better as a blues song.
Well I got friends who wear stripes.
Look the other way while Koleslaw strikes,
Yeah I got friends, who weeeeear stripes.

I hope Florida makes this a series. I'll feel salty if Vegas wins after 5 seasons in the league.

Yea, I'm petty and could try being a better person by being happy for Vegas. Heck, I'd much rather spend time in Vegas than Florida.

But I've suffered too many years as a tortured Rangers fan to be level headed and reasonable about this. f*** the Golden Knights. I hope they choke just like Boston did.

Am I drunk? Yes, but the point still stands. Let's go Florida!
Six seasons

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
It's only funny until someone gets hurt ... then it get hilarious.

Anyway.

And, yes; Las Vegas hurts my gut. You new bloody Bingo boys from the desert you do. Lost Vegas.

This evening we will be around 10-15 West Ham United (JKPG) boys that has followed West Ham since ... forever. In a local Jönköping bar in Sweden - Harrys.
West Ham United vs Fiorentina in the Conference League Final in Prag, that is.

West Ham United won the Cupwinners Cup back in 1965 against 1860 Munchen.
And then in Europe ... nuthin' more.

So no glory hunters around me; me thinx.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChanceVegas

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I believe in the Cats.

Saying that, if the Knight's do win the Cup, the new A’s stadium will magically appear there, built the next day.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Yup, he's made the necessary adjustments, I'd also argue he has better personnel now.

Gallant did play an all-out attack, in part, b/c that's how the team was built. Quick and pesky. Seattle has shades of this style; no coincidence.

Last edited:

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
No. It just is the goaltending. In this series negatively, and before this positively.

See, if you look at the stats, Florida actually had significantly better xGF% of 58.64%. But of course, when you're expected to allow 2.77 goals and end up allowing 7, you're going to be in trouble.

Oh, and they didn't hold it together for three rounds. They had sequences like 4 2-on-1 attacks within 3 minutes all the time. The difference is, Bobrovsky bailed them out in those games, so some people got the illusion that Florida somehow is a good defensive team. They never have been. The goalie just was saving 20 goals above expected.

I wouldn't consider Florida a good defensive team, but they did keep things afloat. I saw a better defensive team, essentially; I also saw teams that did not exploit them enough.

In this series they've been all over the place in their zone, they weren't this disorganized previously.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Saying that, if the Knight's do win the Cup, the new A’s stadium will magically appear there, built the next day.

The A's are an oddity in Vegas right now. Nobody invited them to come, but rather the A's showed up like yet another drunk tourist who just got a divorce and is looking for a little action. Largely, the City just gave them the "Maybe you'd be happier in the next town over, bud" routine for a long while, but then ultimately came up with a very tepid stadium proposal that seems to be dead on arrival (polls showing supporting hovering around 20%). Hardly anybody, except for a handful of hardcore local baseball fans, has shown the slightest interest, and most folks can see that probably nobody is going to travel to Vegas during the summer months when it averages 110 in the shade -- that's very different than the Raiders which fill the town with a tsunami of fans from Southern California every game day in the Fall (the really nice season) and are kind enough to leave most of their disposable cash behind.

But the A's seem determined to come anyway, even if the Welcome mat says "Come back with a warrant" and the local Vegas tourism folks are meeting the A's organization loaded down with brochures about how nice Salt Lake City can be.

Closer to your point, if the A's did come and were willing to self-finance basically the entire project, then, yeah, in what will seem like three weeks there will be a big and beautiful stadium where the Tropicana is now -- folks in Vegas know how to build stuff big, gaudy, and quickly, mostly quickly. But whether the A's will ever get average attendance in excess of 5,000 is not a bet that I'm willing to take -- it will likely be even worse than Oakland where at least one can enjoy the nice Bay weather on most summer days.

Last edited:

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
The Panthers have engaged in this goonery the whole playoffs. it’s who they are. Dirty punks- reminding me of Flyers of mid 70’s. It was refreshing to see them called on some of their
that is not the strategy. it's a style. panthers are not hoping to draw penalties, they're hoping to make games hard for their opponents. as a fan, I think they've gone over the line a bit due in large part to the frustration of losing.

if you keep watching, I think you'll discover that it's not actually the strategy coming from the coaches but how it executed. Cassidy is a fine coach. I watched him quite a bit while he was with the Bs. he isn't any more brilliant than most other coaches. in fact, there really isn't any "brilliant" strategy in hockey. teams copy anything that seems to work.

the teams that win generally have the better players.
Or the better goalie who happens to keep them going.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Hope? Where do you need hope when its obvious what is happening, they will let Florida win one maybe two at home for ratings but other than its fixed for vegas. Anyone with a brain cell can see it.
Vegas has won nothing yet. Even as a Leaf fan i do not belive in fixed games, or that a 2-0 lead = winning it all. And even if it was fixed, your team should be good enough to win. Vegas will not let Panthers win anything for ratings, if they can stop it.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
This is what I said on May 25th ….

3D6A14D4-EC30-46C9-B857-913029CD26D6.png

I don’t like to say I told you so, but I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Kinda funny seeing the laughing at what I said emoji submitted by mddnh.

• Wow
Reactions: Haguerbomb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad