Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Yes, I've been a TV sports reporter in South Miami for about 6 weeks now.
giphy.gif

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Think Florida has to have both games in Sunrise if they want any chance in this series. Otherwise the Knights probably roll em up in 5.
Unfortunately for them Vegas has been a really stellar road team this spring.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
This happens every year.

Two teams waltz through their side of the playoffs bracket, and in the process, the players and the fans of both teams start developing huge egos and arrogance.

The typical long layoff between the Conference Finals and the Stanley Cup Finals allows these egos and arrogance to grow out of control.

Then one of the two teams gets humbled, and the players and the fans discover that their team wasn't as special or skilled as they thought they were.

I see all of the humbling and all of the hurt feelings every year.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Florida fans need to realize that even if every Panthers penalty from game 2 does not get called, they still would lose the game easily.
Cool story, I think Florida fans realize how bad the team played in Game 2. Ironically, the only thing that looked respectable was Florida’s power play (by standards of what it normally looks like).

You can post silly posts like this one to try and angle yourself as “correcting Florida fans,” but in reality you’re making an argument for yourself to win. Poll Florida fans, they will vastly agree that Florida did not deserve to win Game 2. Just because everyone is pissed off with watching a dumpster fire of Game 2 refereeing doesn’t mean they didn’t see reality.

Reactions: teugen

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
This happens every year.

Two teams waltz through their side of the playoffs bracket, and in the process, the players and the fans of both teams start developing huge egos and arrogance.

The typical long layoff between the Conference Finals and the Stanley Cup Finals allows these egos and arrogance to grow out of control.

Then one of the two teams gets humbled, and the players and the fans discover that their team wasn't as special or skilled as they thought they were.

I see all of the humbling and all of the hurt feelings every year.

Except here it doesn't seem to be the Vegas and Florida fans themselves so much as outside fans who are severely butthurt or arrogant one way or the other. Most of the Florida fans have been really cool, and I don't think that the vast majority of regular Vegas fans (all six of us) have been anything like arrogant even through midway of the SCF.

What you have here is a lot of outside fans vicariously living through one team against the other, usually nursing a perceived grievance against their own team or trying to prop up their own team up by another team's performance.

IMHO, if this were just Vegas and Florida fans, it would be a relatively low key discussion even with what's been going on in the games.

KnightCap78

Aug 10, 2020
I mean if the strategy is to goad the other team into taking penalties, and the refs say knock it off and you don't change strategies, you deserve the result.

It seems like the more i watch hockey the more i realize the game is about individual effort yes, but more often then not the better team strategy wins. I think Cassidy is a brilliant coach/strategist compared to DeBoer and Gallant.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Bingo.

Vegas is playing a very simple game and Florida is letting them. Goalies can't stop what they can't see. And some of these screens are unintentional by Florida players. As long as Florida refuses to clean up the ice in front of Bob, Vegas will be content to keeping sniping behind screens.
The parts of the game I watched the thing that stood out was pin point passing by Vegas. Good passes and very little fumbling when receiving a pass. And threading passes through defenders accurately. So many NHL players can't make an accurate pass or receive one without taking 5 seconds to get control.

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I mean if the strategy is to goad the other team into taking penalties, and the refs say knock it off and you don't change strategies, you deserve the result.

It seems like the more i watch hockey the more i realize the game is about individual effort yes, but more often then not the better team strategy wins. I think Cassidy is a brilliant coach/strategist compared to DeBoer and Gallant.

that is not the strategy. it's a style. panthers are not hoping to draw penalties, they're hoping to make games hard for their opponents. as a fan, I think they've gone over the line a bit due in large part to the frustration of losing.

if you keep watching, I think you'll discover that it's not actually the strategy coming from the coaches but how it executed. Cassidy is a fine coach. I watched him quite a bit while he was with the Bs. he isn't any more brilliant than most other coaches. in fact, there really isn't any "brilliant" strategy in hockey. teams copy anything that seems to work.

the teams that win generally have the better players.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Florida looked absolutely awful in game 2. Slow, staring at the puck, nobody taking the initiative to get in position for a play, no hustle to retrieve loose pucks. A recipe for getting your ass kicked.
Do you want to tell me what the heck Florida was doing on this goal from Marchessault?

Look at their defensive coverage.

Three Panthers chased two Golden Knights into the corner/boards area, and there was another fourth Panthers player just standing there and watching Marchessault skate all alone into the slot area.

The two biggest culprits were Aaron Ekblad and Eric Staal. Watch their positioning.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

If you’re forced to abandon the style that got you to where you are then you may as well just forfeit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad