Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Hopefully they get better refs for the rest of the series. 7 to 3 in pps and they happen to miss the most egregious boarding penalty of the entire game.
Honestly the most egregious miss was not calling Pietrangelo for breaking two sticks on cross checks late when they just tossed two panthers minutes earlier. If you are going to over officiate to keep things calm, you can’t give Pietrangelo two free shots on the very next shift

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Honestly the most egregious miss was not calling Pietrangelo for breaking two sticks on cross checks late when they just tossed two panthers minutes earlier. If you are going to over officiate to keep things calm, you can’t give Pietrangelo two free shots on the very next shift
He's getting the Suter treatment.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
That puck was a good foot over the crossbar, and yes it wasn't on goal so the cross bar doesn't come into play. In all honesty I don't no if it was a high stick or not because of the angle Stone was at. But , it definitely should of took more then 30 secs to decide on review as well if it was or wasn't a high stick
If it's still at shoulder height when Stone is leaning at an angle like that, then it's below shoulder height if he were standing straight up. It was a pretty easy call.

The mistake was Tkachuk's pass. The goal call was good.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If it's still at shoulder height when Stone is leaning at an angle like that, then it's below shoulder height if he were standing straight up. It was a pretty easy call.

The mistake was Tkachuk's pass. The goal call was good.
Goal call was debatable, doesn’t go by, if he was standing straight up, as that would be impossible to judge.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Video has to be conclusive to over turn the goal. Which I'm sure you know. And if Stone had been standing up straight his stick would have been above the goal bar.

But Stone was leaning to his right. Don't think the refs nor the league, watching the video in Toronto, could over turn.
Goal bar is completely irrelevant in this case.

Goal call was debatable, doesn’t go by, if he was standing straight up, as that would be impossible to judge.
When a player contacts the puck with his stick above the
normal height of the shoulders and a teammate elects not to play the
puck to avoid the stoppage of play, and the opposing team also
abstains from playing the puck (perhaps to allow time to expire on a
penalty), the Referee shall stop the play and order the resulting face-
off at the face-off spot in the zone to nearest to where the play was
stopped for this violation

It's in the rule book and was explained on air. It was a good goal

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
It was over his shoulder tho??? That's clear as day

There's a still frame in this very thread that shows that's not the case.

It really wasn't. The call on the ice was a goal and the replay showed it's below shoulder height.

The whole thing is a judgment call because you're dealing with players of different heights and an airborne puck with no great reference point. But if the puck is at shoulder height for a player who is leaning at an angle, it doesn't take a lot of sciencing to know that if he stands straight up, the puck will not only be at shoulder height, it will be below it.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
The missed boarding call where Cousins went hard into the board was a pretty bad miss.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
The long lay off, like like three posts and the miracle save… team looked disjointed during the PPs but a lot of that was the time off… Florida very easily could have won that game. Cut down on the bad turnovers in their own zone and game 2 should be very winnable.

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
Panthers and our fans just need to take the L.
We weren’t gonna win 12 of 13 and 9 straight on the road in the playoffs.

The refs were bad but it goes both ways. I thought at least one of the calls against Vegas was weak af. I think that’s what bothers me with the refs, some obvious stuff they let go, but weak shit they call lol it goes both ways, it’s just that when one terrible call leads to a momentum change it’s impactful and annoying but ultimately it happens to every team probably through the playoffs.

But full credit to Vegas. They stayed composed and finished their chances.
I like that we had our chances too. We could’ve easily had several more goals but Hill made a terrific save and we hit like 3 posts. It happens, they way it goes sometimes. Just ask Carolina last series. This was our turn to feel the pain.

We didn’t have Luostarinen and Gudas got hurt. Something we just have to deal with.
Still proud of our boys that we’ve reached this far with the likes of Dalpe and Staals.
Will be interesting how our boys bounce back next game. Still staying with my pick of Panthers in 7.
They weren't bad both ways. Miss a call or two? Sure. The missed a half dozen in that game. All the Knights ways.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Florida easily could have won the game, terrible giveaways cost them the game. They let down Bob.

So I was at the game… am I the only one who thought Florida looked terrible? Fumbled a lot of easy plays. Couldn’t complete a pass.

Vegas normally looks suffocating but I felt like Florida just was awful

That's what 20 days off does to you. Did the boys practice everyday during that time off or tan on the beach?

Reactions: olli

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Bottom line is it should (hopefully) be a real good, tight series for us neutrals. I think it was more important for Vegas to win that game than Florida. Job accomplished. Certainly didn’t run the Panthers out of the building though. As I said before I think Vegas is the favorite here because their depth gives them more margin for error if their big names have a subpar night and their physicality can just grind you down. But the Panthers have had some magic this post-season and don’t have the character of wilting flowers (what a change a year and a huge blockbuster trade can make).

I just am loving seeing two newish feeling teams and some new post-season stars in there. I know Vegas had their miracle inaugural run but this feels more legit for some reason. People can hate on this series all they want and complain about ratings and markets - I think it feels fresh and awesome.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
They weren't bad both ways. Miss a call or two? Sure. The missed a half dozen in that game. All the Knights ways.

Blatantly false. It was pleasing to see the goonery correctly silenced in the end game scrum rather than the typical misconducts for all method. Florida wanted trouble and found it. Perhaps a good lesson for game 2.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Goal bar is completely irrelevant in this case.

When a player contacts the puck with his stick above the
normal height of the shoulders and a teammate elects not to play the
puck to avoid the stoppage of play, and the opposing team also
abstains from playing the puck (perhaps to allow time to expire on a
penalty), the Referee shall stop the play and order the resulting face-
off at the face-off spot in the zone to nearest to where the play was
stopped for this violation

It's in the rule book and was explained on air. It was a good goal
Thanks, so a judgement call then, to determine if puck was higher if player had been standing straight up.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Thanks, so a judgement call then, to determine if puck was higher if player had been standing straight up.
A judgment call to be sure, but in my estimation it was a very easy judgment call to make. Only Cats fans would be able to see that there was clear evidence it was high enough to be above the shoulder of a standing Stone. Ask any of them.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
FLA can probably still win this series even if they lose the first 2 games in Vegas but Bob just was not that good last night, Hill looked pretty awful early in the 3rd and they should have just been shooting everything at him from all angles

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
FLA can probably still win this series even if they lose the first 2 games in Vegas but Bob just was not that good last night, Hill looked pretty awful early in the 3rd and they should have just been shooting everything at him from all angles
Too many wide shots and posts. Game could have been completely different had their accuracy been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad