Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Video has to be conclusive to over turn the goal. Which I'm sure you know. And if Stone had been standing up straight his stick would have been above the goal bar.

But Stone was leaning to his right. Don't think the refs nor the league, watching the video in Toronto, could over turn.
The crossbar has nothing to do with it, it's about being above Stone's normal shoulder height.

The puck made contact at not even above Stone's left shoulder when he was leaned over, so was a pretty easy decision from them. People who think otherwise might have to go back to school, or at least just get a refresher on Pythagoras.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
The crossbar has nothing to do with it, it's about being above Stone's normal shoulder height.

The puck made contact at not even above Stone's left shoulder when he was leaned over, so was a pretty easy decision from them. People who think otherwise might have to go back to school, or at least just get a refresher on Pythagoras.
That puck was a good foot over the crossbar, and yes it wasn't on goal so the cross bar doesn't come into play. In all honesty I don't no if it was a high stick or not because of the angle Stone was at. But , it definitely should of took more then 30 secs to decide on review as well if it was or wasn't a high stick

Reactions: Laus723

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Okay, so they were gussing how high he would be if he was standing straight up. What a joke of a call, and a game crucial aswell. Everyone except the refs can see it.. Good job Vegas Golden Refs
Of course. That's the definition of "the shoulder height" incorporated into the rulebook. There was no conclusive evidence to overturn the call because of the way Stone was leaning laterally when the contact with the puck was made.

Reactions: WhataKnight

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Florida-Cousinslol.gif

Florida-Cousins.gif

Florida-Cousins2.gif

Florida-Cousins3.gif

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Okay, so they were gussing how high he would be if he was standing straight up. What a joke of a call, and a game crucial aswell. Everyone except the refs can see it.. Good job Vegas Golden Refs

This is where "conclusive" comes into effect. The NHL could not do exactly what you stated conclusively (guessing not an option), so ruling on the ice was the easy call.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018

as per the NHL 2022/2023 rulebook.

Hooking near the hands is not a penalty. You can hook a stick even if it's near the hands.
You have always been allowed to hook a stick and the idea that its a penalty because the stick is parallel is complete bs and not in the rulebook. I blame the refs that don't actually know the rules and the colour commentary that also know very little about hockey

Rule 55 – Hooking
55.1 Hooking - Hooking is the act of using the stick in a manner that enables a player to restrain an opponent.
When a player is checking another in such a way that there is only stick-to-stick contact, such action is not to be penalized as hooking.

the refs need to stop with these soft calls
Called hooking when the stick didn’t touch the hands, called tripping when the stick never touched the skate, didn’t call two checks into the boards from behind. Hill throws punch with blocker, Florida gets roughing. Not crying. Facts.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Good to see Florida on the receiving end this game. That scrum at the end led by typical Tkachuk was embarrassing.
Got a chuckle when Anson Carter ignored the Bennett cross check and other Panther transgressions and wanted a call on Vegas G. Refs recognized the cause of the scrum and looked the other way as they should.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Cats play better when they're behind the 8 ball anyway.
That's valid but it may sooner or later that can boomerang on you. Additionally, in this series it may not matter

Got a chuckle when Anson Carter ignored the Bennett cross check and other Panther transgressions and wanted a call on Vegas G. Refs recognized the cause of the scrum and looked the other way as they should.
He must have had the fanduel special on Florida

That show would be better without him.

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
Credit to VGK, they played their game well.
Florida hit a couple posts and that Cousins misses the open net likely changes the game a bit.
Monday can't come soon enough.
Anyone giving credit to VGK doesn't know hockey. They were saved by the officials and Cousins being an AHLer. 32 PMI to 8 is just screaming biased. Hoe does every scrum only one sided?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I didn't realize the refs picked up sticks and scored goals for the Golden Knights too. I guess this is what happens when you go on an extended run for the first time in a very long time. Only officiating can be the reason your team didn't win a hockey game.

Anyway I was thinking of this last night but forgot to mention, both Marchessault and Smith scored on Florida last night. Pretty amusing.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Actually, since it was a challenge, and there was no high stick on ice, the refs would have had to establish beyond any doubt that it was high stick. They didn't have to do any fancy measurements. You should be blaming Mo for such an idiotic challenge.

My feeling is they got it right in the first place. He is clearly leaned over and the puck was barely above his dipped shoulder.

Panthers are a great team and this series isn't over. Whining about the officiating is a bad look and makes me think you don't really understand what happened last night that cost Florida a game.

kendoman

Mar 28, 2015

I hated that goal more than anything but it was a good goal. Disallowing that goal would have been a crime. It hurts like hell but that is the honest truth.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Vegas was hands down the better team in the 3rd period. I liked that it was at least close, but can the Panthers at least win a game? I don't want this to be a sweep at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad