Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I give a slight edge in play for the first two periods to Florida. Vegas then started attacking Florida's D, and Florida couldn't handle it. They have to do a better job slowing Vegas down in the neutral zone and gapping up; Vegas freely meandered into their zone the entire 3rd. That must change if Florida is going to prevail.

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
Objective posts from Panthers fans? Ooohhhhhkay.....
WTF a rainbow stuff are you referring to?
I mean, yeah, I'm not trying to be rude but this has been the least objective/collegial series talk of our whole run thus far and we're only one game in. But I guess it comes with the territory of both teams being a few wins shy of a championship.
No not really, Florida has become a full on team of goons- that’s how they play- dirty & dangerous & cheap shots.

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
I mean, yeah, I'm not trying to be rude but this has been the least objective/collegial series talk of our whole run thus far and we're only one game in. But I guess it comes with the territory of both teams being a few wins shy of a championship.
Las Vegas’s identity has never been about goonery- in all their 6 years. The Florida Panthers = Goonery + Bob. It’s the Panther identity. I feel like I’ve time traveled to the Flyers of the mid 70’s.

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
Las Vegas’s identity has never been about goonery- in all their 6 years. The Florida Panthers = Goonery + Bob. It’s the Panther identity. I feel like I’ve time traveled to the Flyers of the mid 70’s.
Sam Bennett can't even do a pull up

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Addendum to my last post:

Florida employs an intelligently chaotic “everything + kitchen sink” ethos. Maybe not as simplistic at the X/O level; but that is “broad swathe” call.

The VGK north star in that respect is Nic Hague’s grin. Let Tkachuk tantrum, play your role everywhere else on the ice and be opportunistic. Let composure take over, and they’ll put enough rounds in their own feet to grant room.

It isn’t that easy at all, but as a broad strategy, Vegas could do worse.
Those were like twenty questionable action later when Florida was melted already by fighting two and half period against both tough opponent and corrupted refs.

Most people are just unbelievable simple they can't see obvious fix in action.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Addendum to my last post:

Florida employs an intelligently chaotic “everything + kitchen sink” ethos. Maybe not as simplistic at the X/O level; but that is “broad swathe” call.

The VGK north star in that respect is Nic Hague’s grin. Let Tkachuk tantrum, play your role everywhere else on the ice and be opportunistic. Let composure take over, and they’ll put enough rounds in their own feet to grant room.

It isn’t that easy at all, but as a broad strategy, Vegas could do worse.

Throughout the playoffs the Knights have gotten under all the other teams' skin, but without cheap shots or playing dirty. They've just gone about it in a different and more subtle way that has been pretty effective in causing their opponents to get frustrated to the point of losing their control of their own game. Much of this has to be credited to very strong senior leadership.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I kind of enjoy the endless disrespect for VGK, its kind of becoming a cool identity. The "analysis" seems to be what is this guy or that guy going to do to the Knights as if its going to decide everything. Its never about what are the Knights going to do and that's good. They gladly just let everyone think its all about the opponent and they just take care of their own business.

The narrative about this being "Gary's Team" leads to all these overblown narratives about they aren't really a good team when its hard to argue with the results. But guess what, if they win a Cup this year all the haters can go cry in their beer. I hope the team Twitter goes off and says "You hate our team, you hate our city, you hate our fans...but suck it, we got your Cup".

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Throughout the playoffs the Knights have gotten under all the other teams' skin, but without cheap shots or playing dirty. They've just gone about it in a different and more subtle way that has been pretty effective in causing their opponents to get frustrated to the point of losing their control of their own game. Much of this has to be credited to very strong senior leadership.
Pietrangelo’s actions say otherwise

• Haha
Reactions: WhataKnight

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I kind of enjoy the endless disrespect for VGK, its kind of becoming a cool identity. The "analysis" seems to be what is this guy or that guy going to do to the Knights as if its going to decide everything. Its never about what are the Knights going to do and that's good. They gladly just let everyone think its all about the opponent and they just take care of their own business.

The narrative about this being "Gary's Team" leads to all these overblown narratives about they aren't really a good team when its hard to argue with the results. But guess what, if they win a Cup this year all the haters can go cry in their beer. I hope the team Twitter goes off and says "You hate our team, you hate our city, you hate our fans...but suck it, we got your Cup".
You are giving off major Buscemi in Billy Madison vibes. You write this in the bath with a glass of wine?

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
1686023989692.png

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Daylight hours after a meaningful postgame is something only a few of us will get to experience, but it’s amazing.

Shoutout to my northern latitude (not necessarily Canadian) fans.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Thought Vegas had a slight edge in game 1, a 3-2 Vegas win would reflect what happened out there. Game 2 was an apocalypse for Florida - they could not get to their style at all and Bob wilted, and now Gudas is mush. It's gonna take something beyond what Pittsburgh and Boston did in 09 and 11.

Reactions: HockeyWooot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad