Stan Bowman linked to the Oilers GM role--discussion about him, the job and the ramifications.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Your reaction if Stan Bowman is hired as GM?

• Not Happy

Votes: 83 39.5%
  • He was never convicted of a crime

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Happy

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • He should never work again in the NHL

Votes: 84 40.0%
  • unsure

Votes: 23 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
This is such an idiotic hire.

He participated in hiding sexual abuse, which meant the perpetrator was able to reoffend at a school.

He made shit trades, signed players to garbage contracts and drafted terribly. Taking a juggernaut Blackhawks team and turning into into complete trash.

Not only are the optics horrendous, but he's terrible at the job he was hired for.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I'm guessing JJ is thinking we are also getting Scotty Bowman if we hired his son

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!
Some people here are pretty pissed about the fact this guy was hired. This is a completely reasonable reason to leave. Somethings are more important than hockey. What he did is utterly grotesque and the fact you think this poster is just grand standing is very sad. Like this poster o have a very hard decision to make I have supported this team my whole life but now I’m not sure if I can continue to do so either.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Hopefully they cleared this with the core players. I'm sure McDavid and Draisaitl are looking forward to answer all the questions about Bowman this summer.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Kane, Perry, Virtanen. I'm all for second chances but this is a huge mistake and I'll really have to reflect on what it means to be a fan and support an organization.

We were one game away from the Cup, Jackson got us our best offseason in memory, what does Bowman give us that we don't already have except dubious ethics?

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Some people here are pretty pissed about the fact this guy was hired. This is a completely reasonable reason to leave. Somethings are more important than hockey. What he did is utterly grotesque and the fact you think this poster is just grand standing is very sad. Like this poster o have a very hard decision to make I have supported this team my whole life but now I’m not sure if I can continue to do so either.
that is fine...leave then

if Sheldon Kennedy forgives him, maybe we should as well

Reactions: oilers'72

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
This is such an idiotic hire.

He participated in hiding sexual abuse, which meant the perpetrator was able to reoffend at a school.

He made shit trades, signed players to garbage contracts and drafted terribly. Taking a juggernaut Blackhawks team and turning into into complete trash.

Not only are the optics horrendous, but he's terrible at the job he was hired for.
As a Hawks fan, you are correct in your assessment of Stan. EDM needs to win a title soon because Stan will both empty your farm and make bad draft choices, cutting down your window by a couple of years.

I did not want this punk back in the NHL.

Reasonable Oil Fan

NO KOOL AID PLEASE!!
Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
People defending this move might be paid by the club.
We've seen that happen on here before too

• Haha
Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
I really have to wonder if Katz is behind this move. Jackson really knows the league and had likely our best summer's work since Sather.

Was Jackson getting too big for his britches so ownership forced in a hire who's old boy network, daddy's name, etc.?

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
that is fine...leave then

if Sheldon Kennedy forgives him, maybe we should as well
He didn’t help to ruin Sheldon Kennedy life. He did help to ruin Kyle Beaches and I seriously doubt HE forgives him. It would like Sheldon forgiving Graham which he hasn’t and wouldn’t. I don’t care who forgives Bowman it could be the damn pope and I would still hate this hire and would still have a decision to make to whether I will continue to support them.

Reactions: Jean Ralphio

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
He didn’t help to ruin Sheldon Kennedy life. He did help to ruin Kyle Beaches and I seriously doubt HE forgives him. It would like Sheldon forgiving Graham which he hasn’t and wouldn’t. I don’t care who forgives Bowman it could be the damn pope and I would still hate this hire and would still have a decision to make to whether I will continue to support them.
so you're just assuming at this point

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I really have to wonder if Katz is behind this move. Jackson really knows the league and had likely our best summer's work since Sather.

Was Jackson getting too big for his britches so ownership forced in a hire who's old boy network, daddy's name, etc.?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Bowman gave Toews and Kane the 10.5M deals. Chicago haven't won a cup after that.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

For those jumping on Bowman like he's the villain in this are wrong. He did was was expected of him, but he didn't think his superiors would stoop that low. He left on his own accord. Never once did he get accused of this. But let's continue to over-react when someone made a mistake and wants to correct it.

And no, I'm not supporting hiring him. But I will not over-react to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad