Stan Bowman linked to the Oilers GM role--discussion about him, the job and the ramifications.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Your reaction if Stan Bowman is hired as GM?

• Not Happy

Votes: 83 39.5%
  • He was never convicted of a crime

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Happy

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • He should never work again in the NHL

Votes: 84 40.0%
  • unsure

Votes: 23 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
Announcing this a few days before McDavid's wedding adds another level of incompetence to it.

Generating a massive shitstorm which no doubt people will be wanting Connor's opinion on directly before one of the most important days of his life.

Reactions: Oildrum

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Wowzers.

Well, I think we should all expect masterful GMing out of Bowman to justify this move. Not 1 good trade and 1 good UFA signing in 5 years "masterful". Actual great GMing, like fixing the D with a trade ASAP, so Knob isn't wasting his energy trying to work around 2 dopey D pairs and can actually focus on getting this team ready for the playoffs, and a great deadline to load up this season. Obviously getting buyin from McDrai to stick around long term as well.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Yep. Idiotic. I’m hoping JJ ran this by some of the core players. The last thing we need is one of them requesting a trade or choosing not to re-sign due to this hiring.

Quite frankly, I highly doubt that is an issue with them. I am sure everyone in the NHL knows what happened with that incident, and they know who was innocent and who was guilty.

I almost wonder if Duncan Keith gave a good word about him to JJ as well. I feel there's more to this than we are seeing.

Reactions: nally and K1984

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I remember when we hired Ken Holland, everyone hated him too. There was so much people laughing and hating on his old dinosaur ways, yet, he did bring us within 2 goals of a Stanley Cup. I'm glad every fan hates us. Let them get all bent out of shape. Helps motivates us to win. But with this move, I expect Bowman to make a few trades before the season. If he doesn't do anything, including Drai extension, then I might be concerned. But I feel he will be busy this next month putting together a cup winning team.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Disappointing. Logistically, ethically and even from a hockey standpoint, this is extremely disappointing.

Reactions: EverettMike

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I remember when we hired Ken Holland, everyone hated him too. There was so much people laughing and hating on his old dinosaur ways, yet, he did bring us within 2 goals of a Stanley Cup. I'm glad every fan hates us. Let them get all bent out of shape. Helps motivates us to win. But with this move, I expect Bowman to make a few trades before the season. If he doesn't do anything, including Drai extension, then I might be concerned. But I feel he will be busy this next month putting together a cup winning team.
He's going to have to do something special right off the hop for there not to be a major backlash from the fans.

If you're indifferent to the hiring this could be good or even a great harbinger. A big splash will bring fans around. Maybe a Draisaitl extension followed by a preemptive Bouchard long term extension and a big trade or two.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
This is the guy they want in charge of trying to resign McDavid and Draisaitl and the Bouchard extension huh...

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
It’s sad that you think having two top 5 players in the league (prime and one on a great contract) success is defined for you losing in the final.

Reactions: oobga

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Hate the hire, hate that the organization blew their goodwill into oblivion when it was at an all time high, and can't grasp the logic for a moment.

Having said that - hopefully a lid can be kept on the drama. I've already seen that a multi-page written endorsement from Sheldon Kennedy wasn't good enough. Bowman f***ed up, Bowman probably knows he f***ed up, and at at least as far as it appears now, it looks like Bowman has done all the right things in the interim to atone or attempt to atone.

Before people get emotional, claim to be "done" (laughable), or won't be satisfied until Bowman is banished for the remainder of his life, maybe just listen to what everyone has to say.

This, They'll still be around. Seen so many dramatic Oilers fans post mentioning they no longer want to be Oilers fans and done with the team, never following again but then they'll still tune in to the presser in an hour lol

This is no different than the Kane [albeit the situation is a tad more severe here] with posters saying they are done but still around like hypocrites lol

FTR, I dont like the hire either but I'm not the boss so I dont call the shots. Ill just try to enjoy the games and leave it at that.

Reactions: oilers'72 and K1984
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad