Prospect Info: Riley Heidt, C, 64th Overall, 2023 NHL Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
But how are you ever sure, until you actually see them play? Some players simply can't make the transition immediately, while other like Brodin, Faber, and the like make it look easy. Dumba spent quite a while going up and down, as did Zucker, and countless others.

Getting a player in the organization allows you to move them up and down as they develop and learn to adjust to the NHL. Keeping them over in the KHL doesn't allow that to happen.
Being sure doesn't mean you're going to be right for a fact. Nobody can know the future, so you just make yourself as sure as you can by waiting until they're developed to a degree you think will translate to the NHL.

If they need AHL time after that, you're going to have to either make them tough it out in the NHL, or risk their flight from the AHL. While I love the Wild scooping up skilled Russians later in the 1st and 2nd round, the Russian factor is a factor for a reason.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Being sure doesn't mean you're going to be right for a fact. Nobody can know the future, so you just make yourself as sure as you can by waiting until they're developed to a degree you think will translate to the NHL.

If they need AHL time after that, you're going to have to either make them tough it out in the NHL, or risk their flight from the AHL. While I love the Wild scooping up skilled Russians later in the 1st and 2nd round, the Russian factor is a factor for a reason.
23 Russians played in the AHL last year. It's usually the "top" Russians that take flight to the KHL. The ones who are more middling players, they have been mostly more willing to play in the AHL.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
23 Russians played in the AHL last year. It's usually the "top" Russians that take flight to the KHL. The ones who are more middling players, they have been mostly more willing to play in the AHL.
I'm not saying he'll definitely, 100%, not report to Iowa, I'm saying I wouldn't risk that unless I had to. If he proves he can't hang in the NHL yet, then I'd have to. If I just want to give Heidt 9 games, but decide I don't want to send down any of the other 2-3 options, that's not having to, it's wanting to.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
If they bail out and goes running back home to mama, so be it. I want fighters willing to tough it out and develope, rather than entitled little boys.
That's why I love Rossi. Puts in the work, doesn't want long summer vacations and shows the FO that he does all he can to be the best player possible.

Reactions: MK9

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
If they bail out and goes running back home to mama, so be it. I want fighters willing to tough it out and develope, rather than entitled little boys.
That's why I love Rossi. Puts in the work, doesn't want long summer vacations and shows the FO that he does all he can to be the best player possible.
that is a hard question should you tough it out and take all the crap? imo depends sometimes coaches / bosses are fair and hard on you but also sometimes coaches / bosses are A-holes. i've always been anti authority so i could have retired much earlier than i did. i had a buddy who took crap for 30 years then was guaranteed full pension at first he was yes sir your right sir anything you say but after 30 if his boss was unreasonable he'd just walk away or leave for the day and when his boss said we can fire you he said go ahead i get my pension and a check for his stored up vacation which was over 30k! needless to say his bosses just left him alone after that (union job)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad