SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Quick check on Twitter shows his bio now says Toledo. Toledo is the ECHL affilate for Detroit, as St Louis has no ECHL affilate. So he could be close to the Soo right now. Toledo is also basically 15 minutes away from Tanners hometown. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

"why hasn't he played" would be my question? he isn't on toledo's roster. a career in hockey seems like a longshot if he's still not well enough to play even in the OHL or ECHL.

Last edited:

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
There is 0 indication his career is over and you're creating a story.

I'm not creating a story. Femur injuries can end careers and even that article you shared suggested he'd be playing by now. I hope the best for Tanner but the longer he's out the harder a return will be.

A friend broke his femur snowboarding 20 years ago and never fully recovered. He still has pain and a slight limp.

Reactions: shot caller

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
How is Virgilio a -14? Our second worst defender (for plus/minus) is Gibson at -2...

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Development is key here. but 2 of the top 3 kids in this draft could be cornerstones. they could step in next year and totally produce. unlike the last two years where our first rounders haven't performed like first rounders. I'm all for developing our team. but come on, a top 3 pick will put pucks in the net. something we are sorely lacking this year. if any year is the year to grab one, this is the year.
I think Bryce McConnell Barker has been better than 2 of the top 3 picks in Fimis and Namestnikov. If you're talking about Christopher Brown this year then I think it's a little early to be having that discussion.

This front office has always found scoring at all levels of the draft. I think you are overreacting to a partial poor season and not looking at the big picture. We arguably got a top 5 talent this year in the 4th round. It's less about where you draft players and more about how you develop them.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
it worked out great for jack. not so much for us.
holmes never lived up to expectations in the soo, that's why he was expendable.

and it's safe to say at this point that Matier was the better player as many locals felt at the time.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Hmmm. Still having a tough time determining what we might have to offer that 1) we don't need next season, and 2) that other teams would want:
A) Picks only? We have less than the average number. Unlikely.
B) OA? Maybe.
C) 2003? I think it's unlikely based on Raftis' prior dealings. Unless they don't fit into our top 6 F, top 4 D, or starting goalie next season.
D) 2004? Unlikely, unless it's a defenseman that doesn't figure into the top 4 next season
E) goaltender? Perhaps if they don't figure into the roster next season
F) rights to a prospect? Perhaps?
G) 2005-2006? This probably has the most value for Raftis in a trade, provided he can get them to waive their no trade.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I think Bryce McConnell Barker has been better than 2 of the top 3 picks in Fimis and Namestnikov. If you're talking about Christopher Brown this year then I think it's a little early to be having that discussion.

This front office has always found scoring at all levels of the draft. I think you are overreacting to a partial poor season and not looking at the big picture. We arguably got a top 5 talent this year in the 4th round. It's less about where you draft players and more about how you develop them.
didn’t you also say there were 10 teams after Harrison Ballard.

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
This is decent bit of business for Raftis, IMO. With the injury, there was no guarantee when Brzustowski would return. And with our depth on defense, he was going to be in a dogfight for a spot in the top 4 next season. Now it seems we are less likely to deal Savard or D'Intino as there are fewer OA options on the roster for next season.

The price seems fair for a 4th/5th defenseman on a contender.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
two 4ths are a "meh" for me.

the upside is hopefully it helps the "tank" this year, otherwise this reeks of desperation. too little too late for next year.

Last edited:

scotty171

Sep 11, 2007
two 4ths are a "meh" for me.

the upside is hopefully it helps the "tank" this year, otherwise this reeks of desperation. too little too late for next year.
Why? He was a former 6th round pick who didn't warrant a roster spot next year as an OA. Getting 2 4ths is good asset management in my opinion.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Why? He was a former 6th round pick who didn't warrant a roster spot next year as an OA. Getting 2 4ths is good asset management in my opinion.
it's a fair value for Luc. i think it's an ok move for 2027 or later but I don't think it gives us the assets we need to build a contender next season if that makes sense.

Last edited:

scotty171

Sep 11, 2007
it's a fair value for Luc. i think it's an ok move for 2027 or later but I don't think it gives us the assets we need to build a contender next season.
If they are going to use the picks to draft players in '24 and '25 then I guess. They can use them in trade for next years roster though.
Like it's been mentioned before, they don't have a lot that moves the needle to upgrade for next season. 2 4ths are better than nothing when he isn't brought back next year as an OA.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Like it's been mentioned before, they don't have a lot that moves the needle to upgrade for next season.

I guess this quote is what I'm getting at. Too little too late.

History suggests acquiring an impact forward will cost a solid prospect and a combo of 2's or 3's.

This is a fair deal for Luc, but I don't see it moving the needle much for next year.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Players RAFTIS should target :
1. porter martone ( sarnia )
2. cooper Foster ( ottawa )
3. a. Cristoforo & Liam Greentree ( windsor )
who do you make available for trade :
ivanov, savard, watson, carlisle, thompson, ballard, ( would try to move these 6 first )

Reactions: Dogs of War

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Players RAFTIS should target :
1. porter martone ( sarnia )
2. cooper Foster ( ottawa )
3. a. Cristoforo & Liam Greentree ( windsor )
who do you make available for trade :
ivanov, savard, watson, carlisle, thompson, ballard, ( would try to move these 6 first )
No offence, but you don't have anyone who could get you anywhere close to getting any of them in return in a trade this season

Reactions: jink1187
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad