SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Players RAFTIS should target :
1. porter martone ( sarnia )
2. cooper Foster ( ottawa )
3. a. Cristoforo & Liam Greentree ( windsor )
who do you make available for trade :
ivanov, savard, watson, carlisle, thompson, ballard, ( would try to move these 6 first )
The chances Windsor trades either Christoforo and or Greentree slim to none.
Maggio is the only forward not able to return for Windsor, and Renwick may be the lone graduating D and Onuska will be gone too.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
The chances Windsor trades either Christoforo and or Greentree slim to none.
Maggio is the only forward not able to return for Windsor, and Renwick may be the lone graduating D and Onuska will be gone too.
The chances they trade Greentree this year is 0.0%, based on the OHL rules.

Reactions: ohloutsider

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
No offence, but you don't have anyone who could get you anywhere close to getting any of them in return in a trade this season
only way i can see getting anyone of value is the old two part trade where the year after we give them somebody good to even it out.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
only way i can see getting anyone of value is the old two part trade where the year after we give them somebody good to even it out.
but who are they going to move? they dont have a top end guy to move out other then barker, and hes key for next year.

Reactions: DWI Dale

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Yes,I was more thinking off season with the Hounds going for the Mem Cup next year.
Would cost a lot. And Hounds would be looking for someone older to carry the team. I really like Greentree, but he's not carrying a team to a Mem Cup in his 2nd year. Not many players are outside of a Misa

Dogs of War

Dec 7, 2022
Pretty sure with Dustin going to Elmira, Luc being traded, that Raftis is bringing in a older player with proven scoring abilities. Hounds are DEAD LAST in OHL scoring and need someone to help out. I would love to see Lutz here and still think it is possible but imports are tricky. Either way the next move will be a for a point producing forward as I wrote in my article today.
Bordercityrocktalk.ca

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Pretty sure with Dustin going to Elmira, Luc being traded, that Raftis is bringing in a older player with proven scoring abilities. Hounds are DEAD LAST in OHL scoring and need someone to help out. I would love to see Lutz here and still think it is possible but imports are tricky. Either way the next move will be a for a point producing forward as I wrote in my article today.
Bordercityrocktalk.ca
did you mean to link to the website on there to get clicks or lol?

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Bordercityrocktalk.ca
I’m not trying to be combative but I’m a bit of a realist, which comes off rough at times.

I just don’t see WHERE or HOW we get this “older player with proven scoring abilities”. There is wishful thinking and then there is hope but both lack logic and frankly, emotion often trumps logic. Saying this, I know we are all emotional fans and think a bid for a Memorial Cup is romantic… but so is test driving a car out of your price range. You can do it but everyone (dealer and yourself included) knows you’re only window shopping as you crawl back into your Pinto.
As @DWI Dale has emphatically ranted for years, we have given up the practicality of foresight and are now forced to live in a world full of hindsight.

I hate to admit it, but if we are planning on a run next year, Kudrayavtsev is likely the only available trade that will garner a return worth discussing as there is no guarantee he is back with the team next year. Lutz will not be playing for us next year. We might get lucky with Nordh next season but Lutz will no longer be a discussion.
Outside of this, we can talk about our WANTS until we are blue in the face but we can’t ignore the NEEDS other teams will require to make these kinds of trades happen.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
I Find the quality of teams this season is not great in comparison to past seasons.
I know the greyhounds are in the 7-10 range in the western conference, but really
i haven't seen one team that is real dominant throughout the entire league, and the
talent of players has diminished compared to past years. Probably the team to beat will
be Ottawa but the western conference is a crap shoot. Even the London Knights who
have had very good teams over the years don't look like the london knights of old.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I Find the quality of teams this season is not great in comparison to past seasons.
I know the greyhounds are in the 7-10 range in the western conference, but really
i haven't seen one team that is real dominant throughout the entire league, and the
talent of players has diminished compared to past years. Probably the team to beat will
be Ottawa but the western conference is a crap shoot. Even the London Knights who
have had very good teams over the years don't look like the london knights of old.
Somebody will buy their way to the top.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I’m not trying to be combative but I’m a bit of a realist, which comes off rough at times.

I just don’t see WHERE or HOW we get this “older player with proven scoring abilities”. There is wishful thinking and then there is hope but both lack logic and frankly, emotion often trumps logic. Saying this, I know we are all emotional fans and think a bid for a Memorial Cup is romantic… but so is test driving a car out of your price range. You can do it but everyone (dealer and yourself included) knows you’re only window shopping as you crawl back into your Pinto.
As @DWI Dale has emphatically ranted for years, we have given up the practicality of foresight and are now forced to live in a world full of hindsight.

I hate to admit it, but if we are planning on a run next year, Kudrayavtsev is likely the only available trade that will garner a return worth discussing as there is no guarantee he is back with the team next year. Lutz will not be playing for us next year. We might get lucky with Nordh next season but Lutz will no longer be a discussion.
Outside of this, we can talk about our WANTS until we are blue in the face but we can’t ignore the NEEDS other teams will require to make these kinds of trades happen.
I don't think that we will make an addition but playing devil's advocate for a moment, I don't think he meant something like an Othmann trade.

I would consider players like Ryan Hunphrey or Nolan Dann who have scored 25 goals in the past, but are off to slow starts and not fitting in well with their team. Give them top line minutes here in the Soo and you might see a 30 goal season. Just a thought.

Reactions: shot caller

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I don't think that we will make an addition but playing devil's advocate for a moment, I don't think he meant something like an Othmann trade.

I would consider players like Ryan Hunphrey or Nolan Dann who have scored 25 goals in the past, but are off to slow starts and not fitting in well with their team. Give them top line minutes here in the Soo and you might see a 30 goal season. Just a thought.
Fischie... Off topic, just wondering what road arenas you've been to (to see Hounds). I know it wouldn't be an easy drive.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Fischie... Off topic, just wondering what road arenas you've been to (to see Hounds). I know it wouldn't be an easy drive.
Not that you asked me but in case you are asking because it’s leading to a specific question…
1. London
2. Kingston
3. Sudbury
4. North Bay
5. Kitchener
6. Sarnia
7. Barrie
8. Windsor
9. Saginaw
10. Flint
11. Plymouth

Reactions: nelli27

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I've been to a good number of Sudbury and North Bay games and made a few trips to Saginaw. I really like their arena.

I did Ottawa, Peterborough, and Kingston on one trip and London, Kitchener, and Guelph on another.

I caught a random Colts-Wolves game in Barrie and went to playoff games in Sarnia and Guelph.

Erie and Owen Sound are places I want to go, but both are difficult trips. Maybe if we play them in the playoffs so I can see 2 games.

Reactions: nelli27

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
It should be a low scoring game tonight. Both teams are tied for last in goals at 81, with the Greyhounds having a slightly better differential than Oshawa.

Having said that, I'm fully expecting a 7-6 final score.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo

I wish I hadn't predicted this bottleneck of picks and talent but I'm also not willing to pretend I didn't.

Now that what I predicted has happened, those who "emphatically" supported Raftis' unwillingness to rebuild are doubling down and now suggesting that we need to build our roster through trades. This fails to acknowledge the lack of pieces we can move from our active roster, or the holes in our draft cupboards. Like I said, some of you were sold magic beans and it's about time you accept it.

The organization chose mediocre playoff revenues over building a championship team.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I've been to a good number of Sudbury and North Bay games and made a few trips to Saginaw. I really like their arena.

I did Ottawa, Peterborough, and Kingston on one trip and London, Kitchener, and Guelph on another.

I caught a random Colts-Wolves game in Barrie and went to playoff games in Sarnia and Guelph.

Erie and Owen Sound are places I want to go, but both are difficult trips. Maybe if we play them in the playoffs so I can see 2 games.
We had a two game trip planned to the Soo last year, but alas, Covid put an end to it.
So a playoff possibility, it would be two games over 3 days

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
our open import spots is definitely hurting us. it's another area that hasn't been great since 2018 imo.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Even before then we had issues, yet it could have been worse.

In 2017 we drafted Sandin and Kupari so we were 1/2. Then we traded for the rights to Jonne Tammela at the 2018 trade deadline and he never reported.

In 2018 we were 1/2 with Pytlik and Pucek (Pucek didn't work out).

In 2019 we were 1/1 with Malik.

In 2020 we made no selections.

In 2021 we were 1/2 with Lutz and Kudryavtsev.

In 2022 we were 0/1 so far with Nordh.

So we were 4/8 with our import draft selections in the last 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad