SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyFan000

Dec 10, 2021
The vets have been alright, but it's been a disappointing start for our second year forwards like Cloutier, Mignosa, and Hookey.

Getting Savard back from his inexplicable suspension for being pushed into a goalie will help. Hopefully Allard is back soon as well. He had a really promising rookie year.

One look at the league's media notes will tell you that forwards are available at reasonable prices. I'd like to see Raftis make a move and grab an 03 for our top 6. I think it would ensure that our young guys don't get over exposed.
mignosa is not disappointing. leading the team in assists and tied 2nd in points on the team with only 1 goal. he has been getting chances and once they start going in he will get in a groove. only 2 less goals then our captain. our 1st rounder last year with only 1 point is a little concerning. im sure cloutier will bounce out of it soon. hookey was never really expected to be a big point producer. we will see how he pans out.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
mignosa is not disappointing. leading the team in assists and tied 2nd in points on the team with only 1 goal. he has been getting chances and once they start going in he will get in a groove. only 2 less goals then our captain. our 1st rounder last year with only 1 point is a little concerning. im sure cloutier will bounce out of it soon. hookey was never really expected to be a big point producer. we will see how he pans out.
Mignosa is performing worse than he did last year in my opinion, but have faith that this will change. He's facing the opponent's best defenders this year and it's an adjustment.

I agree with the expectations for Hookey, but they are giving him a lot of powerplay time and minutes in our top 6. He's not doing a good job in that role.

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
The Hounds are going to be in tough against Ottawa. Hopefully, they can keep it close. They will have to put in a very consistent effort with everyone on the same page.

Reactions: OHLoutsider2020

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
@Fischhaber i was not questioning that it will help to get him back. The suspension was, however, easy to explain and quite appropriate for the infraction.
I am troubled when suspensions are based on a resulting injury and not the actual actions, where he was clearly pushed by a Sarnia defender, but I accept your opinion.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
There was certainly contact with the defenseman but he had plenty of opportunity to try to avoid the collision and made no attempt. Ultimately, whether you agree or disgree, the penalty is easily explained. I was questioning your choice of words "inexplicable" as much as anything.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
There was certainly contact with the defenseman but he had plenty of opportunity to try to avoid the collision and made no attempt. Ultimately, whether you agree or disgree, the penalty is easily explained. I was questioning your choice of words "inexplicable" as much as anything.
Differences of opinion of this nature are unresolvable through forum posts in my experience so I won't fight you on it.

Looking at a play where an off balance player is shoved and determining whether they had the ability or the time to change their trajectory is an awfully complex exercise.

What seems clear to myself and most others isn't so clear to you and I think that's fair. I respect your opinion.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I watched it as a non-biased fan a few times. It’s hard to tell from the tv angle but it definitely seemed like there was contact but you can’t tell whether or not he was just angled off or somewhat directed at Gaudreau. As you say though, it’s clear he made no attempt to keep from running him over. One game? Ok. It’s the most valuable goalie in the league getting steamrolled and taken out of the game. It’s just nice that HL11 moonlights as a Greyhounds fan and posts in your forum and it’ll be interesting to watch the reaction when Schenkel gets run over at some point this year.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
The entire 2021-2022 season we only had 7 loser points. This season we already have 4...

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
who is HL11?

No idea who HL11 is. Also, Charlie ran over? lol, what league do you think we play in... the mentality of some posters have me shaking my head. The kids on the ice are way more mature than that, and I feel like they may even be more mature than some of our posters.

If they wanna get even with the Savard situation, then someone can fight Savard.

Savard literally ran Gaudreau. He repositioned, may as well have jumped into the guy for crying out loud. Senseless hit.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Noel Nordh has been having a time with Byrnas. He's playing with the J20 roster and has 11 points ( 5G 6 A) in 14 games played.

He will be partaking in the 5 nations tournament in Plymouth Michigan. That tournament is from November 8th to the 12th.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Noel Nordh has been having a time with Byrnas. He's playing with the J20 roster and has 11 points ( 5G 6 A) in 14 games played.

He will be partaking in the 5 nations tournament in Plymouth Michigan. That tournament is from November 8th to the 12th.

Hopefully Raftis is down there selling the program on behalf of the org. ;)

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Gibson has size and skill. The fact that he's right handed to boot really makes him a potential unicorn.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Seemed like a better effort tonight, even in the first when they were down early (again). Probably their best 60 minute effort so far. Nice to see the puck go in a few times. Great game by Ivanov.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Seemed like a better effort tonight, even in the first when they were down early (again). Probably their best 60 minute effort so far. Nice to see the puck go in a few times. Great game by Ivanov.
First OHL points for rookies Brown, Kostov, and Ballard tonight. Hopefully this gets the latter going, as I was told they had to guarantee an A card to get him signed and we wouldn't have the option to go a different direction.

Houndzfan

Dec 9, 2017
Wowza...HNIC just confirmed that the Hounds submitted a letter of intent to bid for 2024 Mem Cup

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Yes, Kingston, Niagara, and Soo submitting intents to bid on 2024

I like our odds. Kingston has an empty cupboard. Niagara, well everyone has big questions about Niagara. Soo has to be the early favourite.

One thing SSM and NIA don't have is Shane Wright.

Hope he doesn't get sent down now.

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
Shane Wright will not be in Kingston in 2024 but hopefully his legacy of players and draft picks will be. If he gets returned that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad