SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Well, we traded for one already (Ryan Thompson from Erie). We are rostering 9 defensemen so I don't see them bringing in anyone else. But if they could upgrade Thompson's spot on the cheap they might consider it (a la the Duarte waiver claim to replace McMullen). It would have to be a big upgrade though.

Reactions: nelli27

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Someone tell the guys that this isn't the preseason. The talent is there, but the effort level was a 1 out of 10. That game is on the coach for not having them ready.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Someone tell the guys that this isn't the preseason. The talent is there, but the effort level was a 1 out of 10. That game is on the coach for not having them ready.
I won’t argue against your point but I think it also may have had something to do with the fact that NB is a top 5 team in all of the ohl and the hounds are a bottom 5 team in that very same league. Could there have been a better effort? Sure. Would the effort have changed the obvious? Probably not.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I won’t argue against your point but I think it also may have had something to do with the fact that NB is a top 5 team in all of the ohl and the hounds are a bottom 5 team in that very same league. Could there have been a better effort? Sure. Would the effort have changed the obvious? Probably not.
To say bottom 5 at this point is an overreaction, but North Bay is a very good team.

Regardless, the compete level tonight was embarrassing no matter who you are playing or what the score was. It needs to be better.

You can turn a middle of the pack roster like this into the bad team that you predict pretty quickly with efforts like that.

Reactions: shot caller

Bearness

Jun 9, 2021
I thought for a young group they competed well tonight , they obviously haven’t gelled yet and I expect that but not bad in general against a good team . Some were not out to compete tonight like Bmb and I thought Watson was off his game , and Tom’s shouldn’t be on defence but I expect tomorrow will look a lot different for sure ..

Houndzfan

Dec 9, 2017
All things considered, I liked the 2nd/3rd periods. Some points from last night.
Charlie looked great in the 2nd/3rd. What a big kid! Fills the net and then some!
BMB trying to do too much. He needs to relax and the points will come. He needs to get used to the attention the other teams will be giving him.
Gibson was all over the ice. What a treat to watch!! I thought one of the best players last night.
Thompson and Duarte are very welcome additions. Thompson policed the ice and protected the youngsters very well. Nobody wanted to mess with him.
Can't wait to see the back end in two years. It's going to look very nice!!

Monster66

Aug 31, 2022
All things considered, I liked the 2nd/3rd periods. Some points from last night.
Charlie looked great in the 2nd/3rd. What a big kid! Fills the net and then some!
BMB trying to do too much. He needs to relax and the points will come. He needs to get used to the attention the other teams will be giving him.
Gibson was all over the ice. What a treat to watch!! I thought one of the best players last night.
Thompson and Duarte are very welcome additions. Thompson policed the ice and protected the youngsters very well. Nobody wanted to mess with him.
Can't wait to see the back end in two years. It's going to look very nice!!
Matthew Virgilio is going to be special!!!

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Matthew Virgilio is going to be special!!!
He played big minutes tonight and played very well. I agree with you.

We had a very good first period tonight. Despite the shot total, North Bay had virtually no even strength chances. Our third goal was a softie but the first 2 were legit.

They really let up and gave a lackluster effort in the second, which was disappointing, but the pushback in the third was impressive. Schenkel wasn't fantastic, but held his own when it counted and put in a second straight solid performance. It will be a pleasant surprise if this is what we see from him all season.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
I have scanned the fridge magnet on my phone. Here's a copy for you guys and gals to save to your phone, or for you out of towners to be able to have a version of it!

20221003_094944.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad