SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
Here is the roster how I see it today and based on how camp and Pre-season went

Cloutier McConnell-Barker Mignosa
Savard D'Intino Watson
Montroy Ballard McMullen
Hookey Brown. Kostov

Carlisle Kudryavtsev
Virgilio Thompson
Toms. Gibson

Schenkel
Ivanov

I think D'Intino gets a shot as Number 2 center until Allard returns unless Ballard shows he can handle the top 6 minutes. even tho Cloutier shoots right and plays RW I think he gets a shot with BMB if he fails I think he and McMullen switch unfortunately unless someone shows they deserve that spot beside BMB.

Savard and Watson played well last year and in the postseason so I think they stick together.

the fourth line I think the wingers could be in and out every night until someone proves it's their spot.

I think Kirill and toms are going to be the PP Guys. I also think toms is in for a big year. once Brzustowski gets healthy I think someone will be dealt. by the end of the year, i think that Virgilio will be on our Number 1 D pairing

Charlie looks great and if he plays the way he played in the preseason will be the Number 1 goalie

Scratches

Daylen Moses (C)- Mostly a numbers game for this kids, i think his ability to play CEnter will help if injuries occur. i really like this guys effort tho

Dustin Good (RW)- again numbers, but i really like this kids potential he is a kid with size and a very good playmaker

Connor Clattenburg(LW)- numbers, but a in your face type of kid reminds me of a young nick cousins if he can get the office going (which i think he has a really good shot)

Brodie McConnell-Barker (LD)- It would be nice to see this kid play every night, i think he's going to be a star D in this league but i think should play with the t-birds to get more minutes this year. as we just have too many D this year

Luc Brzustowski- has been in a boot cast since DAy 2 of training camp so I don't think he will be playing yet But once he does i think he jumps into the top 6

Caleb Van De Ven- Numbers again, I like this kid tho tall lanky good first pass.

Landon Miller- I think he will be a TOP 5 goalie in OHL later on but I think he would benefit from playing in JRA hopefully with T-Birds until Sammy figures out his game I could see him stick with the hounds tho

how I think the leadership goes

C-Bryce McConnell-Barker
A- Ryan Thompson (HOME
A- Keegan McMullen(AWAY)
A- Kalvyn Watson (HOME
A- Jordan D'Intino (AWAY)

KH

Reactions: LDN and HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
The Allard injury is going to be pretty hard for this team to overcome. Just look what happened last year when we lost our 2nd line center (Dickinson) and last year we had a much deeper forward corps.

I still like our blue line, and hoping our goalies settle into some good hockey. But our forwards are going to have a heck of a time getting it done. At least it's lots of opportunity for the young kids.

Reactions: DeletedAccountt

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
This will be a good year to see how good of a coach John Dean is ?
A young greyhound team to work with, not championship caliber but can he get the
most out of them and improve as the season goes along ?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
If they can keep the puck out of the net, maybe it will buy time for the offense to start clicking. If they can't it will be a long season. Hopefully with Brendan Taylor running the defense, they can (Missy was 2nd best goals against last year).

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
So now I believe there are 26 signed players on the roster. 15F, 8D, 3G. Just Good and Van De Ven not signed.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
He did decently well in the GOJHL his first year of junior. Maybe he catches on back there?

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Is your whole roster back from camps? Who is your starting goalie/expectations for tomorrow?
We missing petrov, mathurin and McDonald from my understanding

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think everyone is back. I suspect Schenkel get the home opener. Expectations are low.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
That's a nice upgrade on McMullen, but did he have to be a right shot RW? We already have 8 of those.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Lol "only have 7". How many do we need?

Besides, we had 6 plus Moses and Ballard can play there. And now Duarte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad