SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
I think Erie will be below Soo and Soo should be in a battle for 8th spot with Saginaw.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i'm going to go on a limb and say i don't want us to make the playoffs.

given the organizations proclivity for "standing pat" with mediocre teams i'd be happier to see us sell at the deadline to stock the cupboards for some big splashes, tank in the 2nd half, and draft high next year.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Sounds great! Who are we selling? Not much of value IMO.
McConnell Barker is about the only one that would bring in anything valuable...not even worth while trading him IMO, nothing against him personally but he'll be good this year but even better next year and next year is when we'll need a guy like him

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I thought maybe either Tynan or Ivanov might have brought something in this year but it seems they might have kakked that up.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i was thinking more like savard, watson,
Sounds great! Who are we selling? Not much of value IMO.
sort of illustrates the kind of issues I predicted the last 3 years ago though don't it? mediocre teams? inabilility to keep up in the arms races at the deadline?

Watson and Savard are the 2 that immediately come to mind as trade bait... possibly Thompson if he has a good year.

None will reap the kind of return we could have gotten from a guy like Frosty, Hayton, O'Rourke or Kerins but any return of 2nd's and 3rd's we can get would be nice so that when we make a run we can acquire the best players available.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Thinking a player like Savard is going to be a good OA for us next year. If we are trading him, we might as well trade McConnell-Barker and all the other good '04s too because it means we are not trying to win next year.

Reactions: Bearness

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
How hard would it be to pry Bryce McConnell-Barker from you guys?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think impossible. Our management has loaded up on the 04 age group. I can't see them selling him and retooling for a later window. As much as some of us wish they would.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Meant to post this here: Tanner Dickinson not playing in the Traverse City Tournament for St. Louis.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
How hard would it be to pry Bryce McConnell-Barker from you guys?

as HP suggested, we seem poised to compete as soon as next season so it's unlikely.

if Raftis FINALLY made a trade to recoup picks but it was an 18 year old guy going out there would be a mutiny. some of us would be camped outside GFL demanding he be fired hahaha

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Your favorite Greyhound was Fischaber. I'm sure you have horrible taste in teams too.
Well certainly good enough to not pull for the Flames. I won his jersey in the draw, he's not my favourite player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad