SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
I absolutely love this level of speculation. Lol. Monday after camp seems logical for an announcement.

Well he's 16 so pretty sure the only way he could have a visor on is being signed..or else why didnt Hayes or Smith, right? Haha

If im not mistaken the Hockey Canada rule is 18+ or you have to be signed.

Yes, Monday sounds great to start the week off right! Haha

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
after my coaching season ended, plus tryouts the last few weeks i've seen enough hockey lately so i didn't check out any of the dev camp. any other standouts other than Martin and Loreto?

Reactions: DeletedAccountt

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Sydney Loreto was all over the scoresheet this weekend. As a 3rd rounder in the U18 draft, wondering how he looked? Pretty impressive numbers out of the HEO U18 program last year (2 pts/game average)
He was one of the biggest stand outs for me. Felt like his game was more elevated than others, looked crisp, making good plays,finishing them, smooth skater. Definitely looks like a steal of pick. Suschenko, who I also thought was one of the stronger players out there, is an intriguing free agent. Really liked what I was watching from him and he's a bigger body too.

I thought Mainville looked good too.
Vader looking phenomenal.
Solomon is very raw, has some learning to do at this level for sure but can see the skill is there. I bet you he spends a year in Tbirds( as some have alluded to already ), similar to Brodie McConnell-Barker and Gibson.

Goalies...from what I saw Penner, Thomas, Irvin,Tegelaar in that order.

Was told the order was a little different on Saturday, but I didn't go.

If I was forced into giving a negative, it would be Brentell. Looked out of place big time.

Can't wait for training camp haha.

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
If I was forced into giving a negative, it would be Brentell. Looked out of place big time.
Well, we signed 7 out of our top 8 picks from last year's draft and they are all looking like OHLers. If Brentnell was the miss, that's a pretty good place to miss.

Reactions: DeletedAccountt

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017

Screenshot_20230512_164330_Facebook.jpg

Houndzfan

Dec 9, 2017
You know it's Spring in Ontario when the Buds are out.
Nice to see former Hound Nick Cousins take out his former coach with the series winning goal. Wonder what was said in that handshake line.

Reactions: I Loveallsports

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Dubas will end up in Ottawa next season after taking a year off.
If he wants to get right back at it this year - Calgary ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad