Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm crying. :laugh:

b64ca746-8388-431a-9af3-eba0d99d5dc3_text.gif

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Jason Myrtetus on one about needing franchise goalies to win a Cup, and then calling all the ones who weren’t that outliers.
He’s a “goalie” so that’s to be expected.

Was Quick the last franchise goalie before Vasi? Not sure the Pens cups count with their going back and forth.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He’s a “goalie” so that’s to be expected.

Was Quick the last franchise goalie before Vasi? Not sure the Pens cups count with their going back and forth.
Murray was in an out because of injuries too but he conveniently ignored him.

Quick, yeah probably unless you consider Crawford. But Quick was awful in the 2014 playoffs, he was at like .896 going into the finals and got 3 overtime games to pump that up.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Myrtman

May 8, 2016
Maybe we can summon him to defend himself like before when he freaked out on Andy and Rono because they dare to use scary analytics?

@Myrtman

And then, while he’s here, we can have an intervention about stooping so low as to have that legally braindead DiMarco f*** on his shows
You are always so uplifting. Cheers. You guys hate just about everyone that has a public voice. But that is cool. To each his own. Hope everyone has a good holiday. Cheers.

Myrtman

May 8, 2016
Probably because every person that has a public voice felates the franchise even in their current state out of fear of losing access.
Probably because every person that has a public voice felates the franchise even in their current state out of fear of losing access.
You don’t think anyone is critical of the organization? I am not a beat writer, never have been. I am a content creator for the team and for my own content. Perhaps the people you speak of are not as terse or sharp as some on here, but you also do have to maintain a level of professionalism as a credentialed media member. I have questioned and been critical of some signings (Deslaurier in particular recently), performance and other elements. Yeah I was in favor of the Torts hire and he was one of the first names I mentioned when AV was fired. My first choice became Trotz, but I did value Torts.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
You don’t think anyone is critical of the organization? I am not a beat writer, never have been. I am a content creator for the team and for my own content. Perhaps the people you speak of are not as terse or sharp as some on here, but you also do have to maintain a level of professionalism as a credentialed media member. I have questioned and been critical of some signings (Deslaurier in particular recently), performance and other elements. Yeah I was in favor of the Torts hire and he was one of the first names I mentioned when AV was fired. My first choice became Trotz, but I did value Torts.
Not as critical as they should be. The amount of constant puff pieces put out are sickening with where the franchise currently is.

I get that they can’t always be doom and gloom but when it comes to the beat writers I can think of one example over the years of them holding management or coaches feet to the fire and that was when Charlie was the only media member in the room for that PC last year. The rest? Softballs.

The media members have a duty to the people that are reading their pieces and I don’t personally believe that they have been hard enough. There is a semi thin line between professionalism and what I believe needs to be asked but there are also ways to frame those things in a professional manner.

Being critical of the Deslauriers signing is common sense stuff in the year 2022. I can’t award any type of credit for being down on that.

I also can’t say that I am one that has consumed as much of your content (or others) regarding the Flyers recently so I cannot speak with certainty about this all but it’s just my view on the situation.

Myrtman

May 8, 2016
Not as critical as they should be. The amount of constant puff pieces put out are sickening with where the franchise currently is.

I get that they can’t always be doom and gloom but when it comes to the beat writers I can think of one example over the years of them holding management or coaches feet to the fire and that was when Charlie was the only media member in the room for that PC last year. The rest? Softballs.

The media members have a duty to the people that are reading their pieces and I don’t personally believe that they have been hard enough. There is a semi thin line between professionalism and what I believe needs to be asked but there are also ways to frame those things in a professional manner.

Being critical of the Deslauriers signing is common sense stuff in the year 2022. I can’t award any type of credit for being down on that.

I also can’t say that I am one that has consumed as much of your content (or others) regarding the Flyers recently so I cannot speak with certainty about this all but it’s just my view on the situation.
That’s cool. I respect your opinion. Have a good one and I know we are all in agreement that things need to significantly improve in many areas and ASAP!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad