Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What, exactly does play-driving mean to Charlie?
Or maybe, what on earth is he watching?

Fun thread today that basically tells you all you need to know about the hill he's willing to die on:

40 games (really more like 80 games going back to last year) isn't a suitable sample. But cherrypicking a stat 11 games post-AS break to validate a bias.....bingo.

I'll @VladDrag too because I know this is his kink as much as mine. :laugh:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Fun thread today that basically tells you all you need to know about the hill he's willing to die on:

40 games (really more like 80 games going back to last year) isn't a suitable sample. But cherrypicking a stat 11 games post-AS break to validate a bias.....bingo.

I'll @VladDrag too because I know this is his kink as much as mine. :laugh:

For anyone who wants to see the full thread without going to twitter:

1709421549603.png

1709421556593.png

1709421562243.png

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Charlie has such a bone to pick with Frost, -- he just doesn't want to be wrong.

(my preferred model) :laugh:

Remember when he was arguing eye test vs Frost’s RAPM? I sure do.
The only reason it's his preferred model is the EH twins name drop him from time to time and share the same taste of shitty music.

Also (and I think you know this isn't directed at you) RAPM is only 1 of very many types of models - all have strengths and weaknesses.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I really hate the constant “cup contender” qualifier he drops in his criticisms of 23/24 year old Frost. Like there’s anyone else on the team who would be in their current role on a real cup contender apart from TK.

It's a nebulous phrase that means nothing, especially for a talent + center deficient team.

Better yet, as a test, look at every "contender." Find me a single one where Frost isn't better than 1-2 players in the top 6. Which is another nothing burger when teams roll 3 real scoring lines. Saying a contender needs to have Frost top 6 or bust is so backwards HockeyGuy™, I can't believe Charlie keeps a straight face saying it. It's embarrassing.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I have to defend the twins here. They're music nerds across genres. They were music majors!

I had a neat discussion with one of them about Thelonious Monk and Art Blakey. They know their jazz history damn well.
I didn’t know they were music majors. That’s cool!

They still like crappy music, but who doesn’t. I recently PR’ed my bench press listening to Ke$ha

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
We can overlook poor metrics for players bc they bring certain "intangibles" but producing offense? Nah thats not impressive if youre not a play driver.

charlie has also said multiple times Frost needs to put up points to stay in the NHL...

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad