Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The checks must have went out.
c1bf91bd811dd3196f1d1f949c3bb977.jpg

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Why are people upset that beat writers are reporting a change to the center-ice logo? Especially in a season where we know we are going to be awful and there is currently zero else to talk about. You guys are exhausting with the constant whining about everything. "OMG A BEAT WRITER IS BOUGHT AND PAID FOR BECAUSE HE TWEETED SOMETHING IN THE OFFSEASON ABOUT A CHANGE TO THE CENTER ICE LOGO LOL WHAT TRASH!"

I am always curious what you guys think the role of journalists are or what their job is. They get paid to generate clicks/sell newspapers/subscriptions/whatever. On a slow news day, the news will be slow.

What should they do? Nothing? And then when the season starts and people notice everyone will say, "LOL OUR BREAT WRITERS ARE SO AEWFUL THEY DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THE CENTER ICE LOGO WAS CHANGED!" Or maybe they should only send out tweets like the episode of The Office with the "It is your birthday." banner. One sentence, no reason for anyone to read it or click the link or anything. Just a tweet that says "new logo at center ice." Why even post a picture or a link? No one on HFBoards cares!

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Why are people upset that beat writers are reporting a change to the center-ice logo? Especially in a season where we know we are going to be awful and there is currently zero else to talk about. You guys are exhausting with the constant whining about everything. "OMG A BEAT WRITER IS BOUGHT AND PAID FOR BECAUSE HE TWEETED SOMETHING IN THE OFFSEASON ABOUT A CHANGE TO THE CENTER ICE LOGO LOL WHAT TRASH!"

I am always curious what you guys think the role of journalists are or what their job is. They get paid to generate clicks/sell newspapers/subscriptions/whatever. On a slow news day, the news will be slow.

What should they do? Nothing? And then when the season starts and people notice everyone will say, "LOL OUR BREAT WRITERS ARE SO AEWFUL THEY DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THE CENTER ICE LOGO WAS CHANGED!" Or maybe they should only send out tweets like the episode of The Office with the "It is your birthday." banner. One sentence, no reason for anyone to read it or click the link or anything. Just a tweet that says "new logo at center ice." Why even post a picture or a link? No one on HFBoards cares!
the only thing that flyers fans hate more than the penguins is the flyers, and every one of their fans

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

Flyers rookie camp literally started today. Did you know that? You sure know about the stupid ice logos. I wonder why?

Who is down for Charlie baseball takes?

Didn't he make the pandering take?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Why are you so upset that we're upset?

They changed the logo. Report that. Don't wax poetic about the organization as if it means anything other than that. ASF and Russ Joy openly changed their stances regarding the organization the second that Keith Jones was hired. Why do you think that is?

This is what the Flyers are at this point. Pointless gestures that yearn for the past. Time is a flat circle.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

I enjoy popping into this thread as an outsider when I see it pop up in the sidebar. On this page alone there are four different media people on Twitter saying how great it is that the ice is painted in a certain way because traditions. I don't know how newsworthy this is but the apparently reverential treatment it's getting - moreso than the actual on-ice product seems to be - is just f***ing tragic. Good luck with it.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I enjoy popping into this thread as an outsider when I see it pop up in the sidebar. On this page alone there are four different media people on Twitter saying how great it is that the ice is painted in a certain way because traditions. I don't know how newsworthy this is but the apparently reverential treatment it's getting - moreso than the actual on-ice product seems to be - is just f***ing tragic. Good luck with it.
steve-carell-thankyou.gif

It's just another way for these people to put the blame on the "old" regime for not being "real" Flyers.

It's been the Flyers MO for years despite the vast majority of the organizational structure staying the same throughout. Deflect, deflect, deflect.

People eat it up though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad