So... When do we get new jerseys?

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Don Cherry would love them 😂

Hard to be hyped about them when the Moose already did these same jerseys.

They're not bad. I like the fact that we're getting more red on a jersey... trending in the right direction there. I won't buy it at full price, but will probably pick one up on sale at some point.

What games would we wear these for?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If what's floating around is real it looks like a bad photoshop :laugh:

The logo looks so out of place on that blue.

Edit:

As with the so called "Aviator" jersey, that shade of blue is nothing like the RCAF blue - so I REALLY don't get it. No more a homage to the RCAF than the regular jerseys are. Its all in the logo, nowhere else.

And still needs RED pants.

Reactions: Guardian17

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Can’t decide if I love them or hate them…. Need to see them in a game

I don't love them or hate them. They just seem pointless. I certainly would never buy one.

these jerseys are ugly as shit... the modern logo clashes with the retro everything else. They should have at least done a retro rcaf logo to match the jersey... instead we once again get the powder blue which flopped with the lame aviator jerseys and the modern logo sucks. Just give the fans what they want...which is the heritage jerseys as the main jerseys. The modern logo and powder blue need to be banned from any future jersey.

I would like to know your reaction. Tell us what you really think. :laugh:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Winnipeg has a big military history, especially with the RCAF which the Jets 2.0 is based off of. This new jersey definitely has a old school vibe and absolutely paying homage to the RCAF, RCAF families, etc. Having a family member in the military for many years, I respect the tribute.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
People will always shit over things. But I don't mind their actual uniforms.
Very boring, very underwhelming and blah. I have preferred every single other jersey they have worn, dating back to 1972, to their regular current ones.

It’s as if it was rushed. The mind boggling thing is why they still use them when virtually everyone prefers the two heritage jerseys.

Yabbut - you clearly like that colour. :laugh:
I do. Baby blue brings out the colour in my eyes.🥹

• Haha
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
these jerseys are ugly as shit... the modern logo clashes with the retro everything else. They should have at least done a retro rcaf logo to match the jersey... instead we once again get the powder blue which flopped with the lame aviator jerseys and the modern logo sucks. Just give the fans what they want...which is the heritage jerseys as the main jerseys. The modern logo and powder blue need to be banned from any future jersey.

This is my biggest problem with them - and its a big one.

I absolutely adore the current logo too, but it just doesn't fit this jersey.

Last edited:
Reactions: None

enuffidiotsalready

Nov 25, 2019
Why go right to criticising people for their taste? You like it? Good for you.
lol. not criticizing taste. i actually went directly to pointing out the shittiness of the "web.

then i wondered out loud just how great these haters themselves look - possibly not as good as they think, wink.

still nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others.

also i never stated my opinion. I'll give them a chance for now and see how they look in action.

thanks for looking. keep writing post-dated cheques for half/half and savouring caucasians. i myself prefer a nice black Russian w/ tia maria, not kahlua. it just tastes better that way

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
When the team has such a clean, sexy look with the current arctic blue jerseys, I can't understand why they keep introducing such horribly ugly, old designs. This latest aberration looks like something my grandpa would have worn.

I think that’s the point. If the goal is some kind of throwback / heritage jersey, it’s going to look dated .

the thing is people need to remember that these are “wear occasionaly” and not a replacement for every game.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I don't love or hate them. I will agree with the folks who say the modern logo clashes with the retro look. I'll still grab one for the collection, maybe a Lowry with the C.

I’m thinking about it too but I am worried that if I grab Ehlers or some other star, the jersey might get outdated really quick. I would go with Lowry too.

Needs the red hockey shorts !!!
Yeah, I agree with that.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
When the team has such a clean, sexy look with the current arctic blue jerseys, I can't understand why they keep introducing such horribly ugly, old designs. This latest aberration looks like something my grandpa would have worn.

Like, isn’t that the idea if they are doing a “1948“ jersey? LMAO… some people, honestly.

RestlessYoungZero

Jul 10, 2011
I'm not a huge fan of these jerseys, mostly because TNSE already did the exact same jersey for the Moose a while ago. They just slapped the Jets logo on it. But, I don't get all the hate over the design or colours. Its literally the 1948 RCAF Flyers design but with the Jets logo on it. Its not some conspiracy TNSE has to use baby blue on everything. The RCAF Flyers didn't wear red pants so why would this kit have them?

Like some others have said, they could have knocked this outta the park if they would have modified the Jets logo to be era relevant to 1948. A stylized maple leaf and an old RCAF plane

Monty9

Jul 5, 2021
I fail to understand Chipman's need to force feed the military onto the fan base.

The Jets weren't named to rally Winnipeg around the armed forces. Rather we're in the centre of Canada and planes land here. That's all there was to it.
The org is just so disconnected from the paying fan base. This is fantasy hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad