So... When do we get new jerseys?

RestlessYoungZero

Jul 10, 2011
Starting to get the feeling this will be underwhelming.
I will not be shocked if its the same RCAF jersey they did for the Moose a few years back, just slapping the Jets logo on it. Pure laziness just to try to make some extra cash. Which is super frustrating cause all they need to do is make the Heritage jerseys the regular kits, even with the new logo and they'd sell a pile more.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Alright well… anyone have a pic they can post yet?
well-were-waiting-sarcastic.gif

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Would anyone know why the original Winnipeg Jets changed their uniforms that they wore in the WHA, to the jerseys that they wore from 1979-90? I always assumed it had something to do with John Ferguson wanting to mold the club in his image, once he took over GM duties.

In addition, Ferguson had come to the Jets after working in the NY Rangers organization. I always thought it was odd that the Jets adopted the exact jerseys that the Rangers briefly wore for a couple of seasons in the late 70s. In fact, the only difference between the two jerseys were the logos.

It seemed really odd, especially considering the Rangers changed back to their traditional sweaters during the 1978-79 season, since the fans hated them so much.

I've always wondered why the Jets changed jerseys as well.

I love the Heritage jerseys.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
I've always wondered why the Jets changed jerseys as well.

I love the Heritage jerseys.
Because they wanted their own identity (somewhat), I would assume.

*sorry, for some reason what you quoted wasn't showing up, but I see it now.

Reactions: Guardian17
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Moose military appreciate jersey with the same logo patch from several previous jersey attempts glued in the centre.

17 months later they can't even match the logo to the jersey.

Zero effort results in yet another total fail. Like the aviator it's a hard no thanks from me to spend $250 on this.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 5
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I fail to understand Chipman's need to force feed the military onto the fan base.

The Jets weren't named to rally Winnipeg around the armed forces. Rather we're in the centre of Canada and planes land here. That's all there was to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad