So... When do we get new jerseys?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I fail to understand Chipman's need to force feed the military onto the fan base.

The Jets weren't named to rally Winnipeg around the armed forces. Rather we're in the centre of Canada and planes land here. That's all there was to it.

The NHL Winnipeg Jets 1.0 were originally part of the World Hockey Association (WHA) and when they originally formed they took their name from a third team that was called the Winnipeg Jets that played in the Western Hockey League (WHL).

The owner of the original WHA Winnipeg Jets was also a huge fan of the New York Jets.

Had absolutely nothing to do with planes.

It's only Chipman and the 2.0 team that is moving everything to be related to the RCAF

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
See, that's the great thing about being a pessimist. You expect the worst, so when the worst comes, you feel no sense of being let down. This is exactly what I was expecting. A re-hash of the Moose military jersey. Lowry doesn't seem too impressed. I get that he's going for the whole "oh boy, we're serious about winning it all this year, you betcha" look of grim determination but the effect seems more like resigned sadness to having to wear these atrocities several times this year. :laugh:

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
these jerseys are ugly as shit... the modern logo clashes with the retro everything else. They should have at least done a retro rcaf logo to match the jersey... instead we once again get the powder blue which flopped with the lame aviator jerseys and the modern logo sucks. Just give the fans what they want...which is the heritage jerseys as the main jerseys. The modern logo and powder blue need to be banned from any future jersey.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
I fail to understand Chipman's need to force feed the military onto the fan base.

The Jets weren't named to rally Winnipeg around the armed forces. Rather we're in the centre of Canada and planes land here. That's all there was to it.
Yeah, military planes.

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
368376be-29b0-4415-b278-f8b98ff9a39a_text-1.gif

Reactions: Jets 31

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
It’s a nice, clean look. I like the amount of red in the uniform. I’ll give it a thumbs up.

BTW, it’s just an event jersey, not a main jersey replacement. No need to squawk about heritage jerseys rofl.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's really meh. I like baby blue but I'm getting a bit sick of the non stop nostalgia that is being forced down our throats. Two heritage jerseys, two reverse retro jerseys and now a homage to a past RCAF team jersey. Can the org please come up with its own concept for a new jersey. Unlike many I love the Aviator jersey as it was modern, sharp, and uniquely their own concept.

Reactions: thereturn

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
It's really meh. I like baby blue but I'm getting a bit sick of the non stop nostalgia that is being forced down our throats. Two heritage jerseys, two reverse retro jerseys and now a homage to a past RCAF team jersey. Can the org please come up with its own concept for a new jersey. Unlike many I love the Aviator jersey as it was modern, sharp, and uniquely their own concept.
Like their actual uniform? It was an original concept and people shit all over that, too.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I don't love or hate them. I will agree with the folks who say the modern logo clashes with the retro look. I'll still grab one for the collection, maybe a Lowry with the C.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I really dislike all the military stuff that seems so prevalent in NA sports, it's just to foreign to me.

But I think that jersey looks slick on Lowry over all his gear.

Yuck as a sweater though and I don't think I'd wear one.

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
I tend to dislike the obsession with jerseys and, as a general rule, abstain from such discussions but, in this case...

Christ on a bike!

• Haha
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

enuffidiotsalready

Nov 25, 2019
haters gonna hate
nothing new

funny thing is that the people with bad taste are soo oblivious that they are unaware how tacky as shit they are lmao

go Jets go

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
When the team has such a clean, sexy look with the current arctic blue jerseys, I can't understand why they keep introducing such horribly ugly, old designs. This latest aberration looks like something my grandpa would have worn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad