So... When do we get new jerseys?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I fail to understand Chipman's need to force feed the military onto the fan base.
Chipman-MyTeam.jpg

SSCBLUEJET

Jul 23, 2022
Awful, just awful uniforms. They look like someone's final project from a grade 9 sewing class.
Nice to see the c on Lowry tho.

Reactions: Inanna

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
They look a little too Montreal Canadiens for my liking, but there is a pretty good reason for that. I love the brown gloves look. I may get one I'm not sure yet.

Reactions: Play

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
To each their own but that's three times too many! Imo, the blue and red horizontal lines on the body part should have been dropped so that they bi-sect the logo.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I fail to understand Chipman's need to force feed the military onto the fan base.

The Jets weren't named to rally Winnipeg around the armed forces. Rather we're in the centre of Canada and planes land here. That's all there was to it.
I don't think Chipman is force feeding you anything. No more than he's force feeding Asian Heritage, or Pride, or Filipino Heritage, or Fighting Cancer on those special game nights.

As for "planes land here that's all there is to it", I can only shake my head. I moved here barely 18 months ago but I know that the team "took their name from the Winnipeg Jets of the Western Canada Hockey League" and that "Benny Haskin was a huge admirer of Sonny Werblin, owner of the New York Jets".

BobEssensa

Jun 16, 2011
I don’t like them, but I will begrudgingly buy the authentic once I can find one on sale for less than $100 at Winners or Marshall’s. I have every authentic jersey since they came back and I don’t plan on ending that streak anytime soon. Lol

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I think they look pretty nice, and I appreciate the nod to our past. Agree with some other comments that it might have been nice to see it with a "retro" look logo as well.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
I don't think Chipman is force feeding you anything. No more than he's force feeding Asian Heritage, or Pride, or Filipino Heritage, or Fighting Cancer on those special game nights.

As for "planes land here that's all there is to it", I can only shake my head. I moved here barely 18 months ago but I know that the team "took their name from the Winnipeg Jets of the Western Canada Hockey League" and that "Benny Haskin was a huge admirer of Sonny Werblin, owner of the New York Jets".
Winnipeg has an important history in aviation, including the major manufacturing and overhaul facilities that still exist, and being the place in which both Air Canada and the predecessor of CP Air were founded, the home of Canada's first international airport and also militarily with respect to the Commonwealth Air Training school in the Second World War. So the name makes a good deal of sense even though it is true that Ben Hatskin liked it because he was an acquaintance of Sonny Werblin. I don't think we'd be watching the Winnipeg Yankees if Werblin had owned a baseball team instead - the name had to make some sense for the city and anyone in the 1960s or 70s would have thought it did.

Scott Taylor wrote a great story on Hatskin beginning on page 7 of this seniors' newspaper: https://seniorscope.com/images/pdfs/v21n4_oct10_22.pdf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad