So... When do we get new jerseys?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Canucks and Rangers fan coming in peace.

Just wanted to say if you guys wanted signatures for a online petition to veto these Jerseys, I will get both Canucks and Rangers boards behind the rally.

• Haha
Reactions: Brominator

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Just going with the RCAF logo would've been better. But I guess there are permission/trademark issues? They could've maybe retro-ized the current Jets logo somehow.

None

Feb 22, 2012
It could be worse, see:
MSrrqBj.png

:help:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
there certainly a Deadpool joke in those brown pants
This is the one that came to mind for me. :laugh:

Reactions: kanadalainen

Haywire

Oct 9, 2019
Much nicer than the boring Jets main jersey. They should run with this new one full time.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Winnipeg has an important history in aviation, including the major manufacturing and overhaul facilities that still exist, and being the place in which both Air Canada and the predecessor of CP Air were founded, the home of Canada's first international airport and also militarily with respect to the Commonwealth Air Training school in the Second World War. So the name makes a good deal of sense even though it is true that Ben Hatskin liked it because he was an acquaintance of Sonny Werblin. I don't think we'd be watching the Winnipeg Yankees if Werblin had owned a baseball team instead - the name had to make some sense for the city and anyone in the 1960s or 70s would have thought it did.

Scott Taylor wrote a great story on Hatskin beginning on page 7 of this seniors' newspaper: https://seniorscope.com/images/pdfs/v21n4_oct10_22.pdf
There's a difference between aviation and Air Force. I liked that in the 1.0 days the brand was entirely separate from military. The 2.0 brand reeks of it.

I respect people who have taken risks to serve our country. I disrespect politicians that put others at risk in order to further the economic interests of their donors. I can't untangle military branding from the thought of those politicians.

Less war, more hockey please and thanks.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
heritage-classic-jerseys-1-2012734-1695736114264.jpeg

Both of those jerseys are legitimately bad and far far worse than our RCAF jersey.

I think the Flames jersey is fine. The Oilers jersey is .. yeah I'm not sure what they were thinking. Whats with the brown pants? Is the design based on something older? Those shoulder parts are unusual. Why is the C partly in those shoulder parts and partly in the blue? The entire thing looks like early work in progress version 0.2 and not like a final product. A messy one for Sure.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
I think the Flames jersey is fine. The Oilers jersey is .. yeah I'm not sure what they were thinking. Whats with the brown pants? Is the design based on something older? Those shoulder parts are unusual. Why is the C partly in those shoulder parts and partly in the blue? The entire thing looks like early work in progress version 0.2 and not like a final product. A messy one for Sure.
Oilers jersey is based on an older jersey from what I read on the main boards.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I'm old enough that when I first started playing hockey, some hockey "sweaters" were exactly that - knit sweaters

Personally, I've always found old gear and uniforms fascinating, so I'm digging these. I wish they actually knit them though lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad