So... When do we get new jerseys?

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Wow, someone put a lot of thought into jerseys. I for one never go that deep with respect to jerseys, but an interesting article.

Had this gem too: "with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman showing all the enthusiasm of a hostage on a ransom video during the announcement that sent the city into a frenzy."

Reactions: Guardian17

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I hate the current logo. I can't describe what it is that bothers me, but it is..."mushy"? And the jet looks like something a fifth grader would draw. But that's just me! I understand these things are subjective.
The logo is extremely mid. Nothing amazing, nothing bad. Just mid.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Heritage pants and helmets on everyone today? Maybe I’m just trying to will this to fruition, but…
There was a report that they might be switching to heritage full time for home and away. I’d love to ditch the road threads, never liked them.

Hadn’t heard much since that came out.. would love to see it though!

Reactions: ERYX and Guardian17

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
There was a report that they might be switching to heritage full time for home and away. I’d love to ditch the road threads, never liked them.

Hadn’t heard much since that came out.. would love to see it though!
Just like so many things with True North, they take forever to cater to the fans’ wishes. I don’t know anybody who prefers their current jerseys to the heritage ones. It’s pure stubbornness to keep the mundane, safe current jerseys.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Just like so many things with True North, they take forever to cater to the fans’ wishes. I don’t know anybody who prefers their current jerseys to the heritage ones. It’s pure stubbornness to keep the mundane, safe current jerseys.
Well, in fairness, pure stubbornness would have had us cheering for the Polar Bears all these years. :nod:

Reactions: macmaroon

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Well, in fairness, pure stubbornness would have had us cheering for the Polar Bears all these years. :nod:
Okay… diluted stubbornness then.

IMG_4217.jpeg

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Okay… diluted stubbornness then.

View attachment 741627
I love that uni. If that was to be our NHL design (and I believe it was), it would be an order of magnitude better than the new kits, and still better than the 1.0 offerings. I bought a couple of game worn and signed ones at auction for a stupid amount of money but I figured it was for a good cause, to support the polar bear exhibit at the Zoo. I got a Petan for myself (I'm not a big guy), and a Hellebuyck for my wife. No she isn't that big, the intent was she would use her sewing skills to turn it into a dress. She had no interest in doing that. :laugh:

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Are they talking about making the Heritage 80’s or 90’s permanent?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Not sure why this rumour persists. Chipman himself has stated he was considering Bears not Polar Bears.
OK, whatever. Whether it was Bears or Polar Bears, my point was that he didn't want to call them the Jets and was browbeaten into it by public pressure.

jimsabo21

Jul 2, 2011
Well, looks like the logo won't change this year, unfortunately!

Went to my season seat account management page, and most home games display the normal Jets 2.0 logo. There is only one game (vs St Louis) that displays the Jets 80's logo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad