So... When do we get new jerseys?

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
My Photoshop skills are pretty meh, but I whipped up a quick mockup if they go Heritage Colours but new logo (first one I did intentionally as a comparison between Heritage logo and 2.0 logo):

izgTHFH.png

TbUUrWj.png

EDIT: The Twitter thought is that they'd change the 2.0 slightly by having the outline be the red instead of grey, and the inner blue match the heritage blue (a bit of a lighter hue based on how I tweaked the colour)

These look fantastic!

I love the red circle around the logo instead of grey.

Also, if they do go with the Heritage Colors, they could return the Manitoba Moose logo to brown.

Moose-Jaw-hockey.jpg

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
My Photoshop skills are pretty meh, but I whipped up a quick mockup if they go Heritage Colours but new logo (first one I did intentionally as a comparison between Heritage logo and 2.0 logo):

izgTHFH.png

TbUUrWj.png

EDIT: The Twitter thought is that they'd change the 2.0 slightly by having the outline be the red instead of grey, and the inner blue match the heritage blue (a bit of a lighter hue based on how I tweaked the colour)
I really like the away jersey, and red pants for the home and away kits.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

izgTHFH.png

TbUUrWj.png

This is absolutely the way, and what they should have done originally.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

izgTHFH.png

TbUUrWj.png

I like

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I still think the original Jets logos are better, but, at this point, if we get heritage jerseys with our current logo reworked, ill take it. its a massive upgrade. its nice to think the TNSE may be listening to what the fans want, like the Bombers eventually did and gave in and went back to the royal blue and gold

They are not listening to what the fans want. Revenues are down and a new jersey that people like, but with just enough tweaks that people feel the need to buy a new one, is how to generate some revenue.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
I hate the current logo. I can't describe what it is that bothers me, but it is..."mushy"? And the jet looks like something a fifth grader would draw. But that's just me! I understand these things are subjective.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I hate the current logo. I can't describe what it is that bothers me, but it is..."mushy"? And the jet looks like something a fifth grader would draw. But that's just me! I understand these things are subjective.

Subjectively...I don't think any of the logos are any good from a design perspective. The original wordmark from 1972 is awful. It might have kitschy appeal to some, but not 'kitschy good' like some classic, art-deco inspired piece of art or design from the 70's. It's just terrible. Still, I would buy a t-shirt with this, because it's 'kitschy bad'.

The 80's roundel has it's problems. I dislike the passenger airliner in a circle that's pointing at an upward angle in the top left. Squished into the the bottom of the roundel is 'Winnipeg' in an odd curved font, and then an italicized version of the font above it spelling 'Jets', but these almost look like two different fonts. There's too much negative space in the top/top right of the roundel. But, the colors are decent.

The 90's roundel is an improvement. There's more movement and the font is consistent. It looks more aggressive, the use of space is more balanced, and it just looks sleeker. More befitting a modern, professional sports team.

The current roundel, some say looks like an exploding jet. I like the idea of a homage to the RCAF, but this is just so on the nose that I actually wish they didn't do it. Let's put a jet on top of a maple leaf. I do like the symmetry of it, and again the colors, but that's about all.

The shoulder crest with the wings - I actually like this, but it's not suitable for a primary logo. The font/lettering is kind of boring but I like the use of pilots wings.

The aviator jersey wordmark - I like how the 'T' is a streaking jet. It's certainly better than the 70's wordmark, but I wouldn't want this on primary jersey.

I wouldn't mind a fresh new crest redesign.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
The shoulder crest with the wings - I actually like this, but it's not suitable for a primary logo. The font/lettering is kind of boring but I like the use of pilots wings.
I really wish they'd do more with the shoulder crest. I agree it doesn't belong as a primary, but in the first year or two they had some product with it, but have moved away from it entirely.

You could easily do a t-shirt with it as a primary logo. Long sleeve or polo with it as a crest in the upper left. I recall they had it as a back logo on some fleece jackets early on, those were gorgeous. I think ball caps would look great with that logo. Very much underutilized from a marketing perspective.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Give me a swoosh logo, along the lines of this. It conveys action, and ascent.

18-01.jpg

They could probably tweak this to make it more J-like.

Reactions: White Out 902

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Logo is perfect, no other jets logos have even come close, but we desprately need a new jersey base.

Ehhh… I don’t care for our current logo at all. I prefer our older logos… but willing to see something new based on our older logos.

igorulanov

Jan 31, 2015
Winnipeg
I think the current jerseys are fine.

But if we could do a re -do...

Home: Heritage Blues
Away: Heritage Whites
Regular Season 3rd Jersey: Reverse Retro 1.0 (i think those grey jerseys are underrated)
Playoffs-Only Jersey: Reverse Retro 2.0 (we should be wearing white at home)

Honestly, NHL should go the route of NBA where (I think) home teams decide what they wear for any given game and visitors need to contrast against that choice.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'm generally good with the current logo but I wouldn't mind slightly redesigning it while keeping the same basic design - I feel like it could be a bit cleaner or something

Reactions: hockeyarena

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Am I in the minority that wants the home teams to go back to wearing whites?
I doubt you're in the minority. I'd love to see home white jerseys if only so that we see the darks from the other teams again. If I'm being honest, I don't love the Jets jersey much at all - I suspect that's just saturation from seeing it all the time. I obviously have the same nostalgic bent that many others have in loving the retro jerseys, but I'm still ok with the modern jerseys (I do hate the big disc sitting on my legs at games though).

I agree with the comment above that the NHL should allow the home team to dictate their choice at home. Undoubtedly more work for the visitors to shunt full sets of other jerseys with them, but might generate interest in fans among the league if the visiting was showing up wearing their reverse retros, or 3rd or whatever. Probably won't generate much revenue or additional ticket sales, but perhaps attention.

If nothing else the league should just switch it up every 5-10 years between lights and darks. Lots of fans won't care either way, they own one jersey and that's it. But there's probably a sizeable chuck of the fan base that tries to match their jersey to what the home team is wearing (not looking in the mirror at all).

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
I doubt you're in the minority. I'd love to see home white jerseys if only so that we see the darks from the other teams again. If I'm being honest, I don't love the Jets jersey much at all - I suspect that's just saturation from seeing it all the time. I obviously have the same nostalgic bent that many others have in loving the retro jerseys, but I'm still ok with the modern jerseys (I do hate the big disc sitting on my legs at games though).

I agree with the comment above that the NHL should allow the home team to dictate their choice at home. Undoubtedly more work for the visitors to shunt full sets of other jerseys with them, but might generate interest in fans among the league if the visiting was showing up wearing their reverse retros, or 3rd or whatever. Probably won't generate much revenue or additional ticket sales, but perhaps attention.

If nothing else the league should just switch it up every 5-10 years between lights and darks. Lots of fans won't care either way, they own one jersey and that's it. But there's probably a sizeable chuck of the fan base that tries to match their jersey to what the home team is wearing (not looking in the mirror at all).
I seem to recall one reason the league changed it was sales of whites far exceeded darks. The old IHL used to switch it up after the halfway point of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad