Speculation: Smith injured Again- Edmonton just got more desperate for a Goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Halak isn’t signed for next year.he’s UFA at seasons end He will have a $1.25m cap hit for a sliding bonus though. If he plays 2 more games for Vancouver they’ll have the cap hit next season. If he plays his 10th game for another team they get the pleasure of having that cap hit for a player who may not even be on the team.
Oh shit lol

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Last time they made the finals was with a 36 year old goalie (who later came within a game of the finals at age 41) so I guess they're trying the same recipe? :naughty:
Yes my good friend Dwayne......they could only wish

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
As an Oiler fan I would say no but I know many Oilers fan like him . Too me he just has never really put up great numbers except for 1 year in Florida .
His three year deal scares me otherwise I'd shoot for him and Soucy in a package.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Please show me where he is getting 4.4 a season please. Go back to making your stop the steal signs in your mother's basement

With all due respect he said contract not a year . Not sure why fans twist things . 4.4 million is what Smith contract is - over 2 years .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Have you seen what the guy I responded to "offered"?

Price at 50% + Top prospect + 1st for Barrie

I mean, wtf?

That was me . Montreal fans like pumping Price tires . He hasn't been good except 1 good playoff run and another decent one . His regular season have been meh . He hasn't played a game this year and Montreal think he worth a McDavid type of haul . Get it no one wants Price . You want to dump Price it going to cost you . It going to hurt . I don't see Price being traded at all as no team is going to want him . Montreal will probably have to buy him out in a few years .

Having said the above if Price comes back and plays light out of course he would have value with some retention , Say 33.3% . So just under 7 million

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
That was me . Montreal fans like pumping Price tires . He hasn't been good except 1 good playoff run and another decent one . His regular season have been meh . He hasn't played a game this year and Montreal think he worth a McDavid type of haul . Get it no one wants Price . You want to dump Price it going to cost you . It going to hurt . I don't see Price being traded at all as no team is going to want him . Montreal will probably have to buy him out in a few years .

Having said the above if Price comes back and plays light out of course he would have value with some retention , Say 33.3% . So just under 7 million
Oilers shouldnt trade then - if hes not that good

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
How does a Fleury to Edmonton Trade even work???????

Let's just say it's

Fleury for Koskinen PLUS picks and prospects

where and how is the remaining 2.5 M in cap space made up and accounted for???????????

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I’m conflicted. I’m hurting for my team but at the same time I love how terrible this looks for Holland. Looks <insert f bomb> good on you.

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
How does a Fleury to Edmonton Trade even work???????

Let's just say it's

Fleury for Koskinen PLUS picks and prospects

where and how is the remaining 2.5 M in cap space made up and accounted for???????????

CHICAGO CANT RETAIN ANYTHING - they are at the cap ceiling - and if you WAIT UNTIL the deadline where CAP is not as much of an issue - then that kind of destroys the point of getting a goalie like fleury to "help you get into the playoffs"

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad