Speculation: Smith injured Again- Edmonton just got more desperate for a Goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
I got to believe a play for a kid like Swayman would be ideal for Edmonton. Good, young and cheap. Doesn't blow there cap all to hell and can grow with that young team. Its a risk cause he doesn't have all that much time in the NHL saddle but watching him these last couple years he is going to be a #1 netminder in the league. Don't know if the B's would consider moving him but with Tuukka back and wanting to play for more years and Ullmark signed; I got to believe they would be willing to move him if a team met their asking price.

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
most logical - would be something like

Koskinen 4.5
2nd 2023
Foegele 2.75
TOTAL= 7.25

for

Mrazek 3.8
Ritchie 2.5
Engvall 1.25
TOTAL = 7.55

Oilers get a #1 with term and decent number and cost certainty
Oilers get someone who can play 3C or 4C for them in Engvall and can PK
- Ritchie can/would be a wildcard (def better than Turris)

Leafs get pick and Foegele - Koskinen is a complete cap dump

NotASheep

Feb 23, 2019
I got to believe a play for a kid like Swayman would be ideal for Edmonton. Good, young and cheap. Doesn't blow there cap all to hell and can grow with that young team. Its a risk cause he doesn't have all that much time in the NHL saddle but watching him these last couple years he is going to be a #1 netminder in the league. Don't know if the B's would consider moving him but with Tuukka back and wanting to play for more years and Ullmark signed; I got to believe they would be willing to move him if a team met their asking price.

Bruins wont trade a goalie in his early 20's again

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019

Koskinen 4.5
2nd 2023
Foegele 2.75
TOTAL= 7.25

for

Mrazek 3.8
Ritchie 2.5
Engvall 1.25
TOTAL = 7.55

MRAZEK is an improvement NOW and saves them the stress and unlikelyhood of getting a starter at under 4M
Engvall is an improvement at C

essentially Foegele and pick is the price to pay to get a starter and 3C

I think 90% would be for that

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
MRAZEK is an improvement NOW and saves them the stress and unlikelyhood of getting a starter at under 4M

You'd be wrong. This is terrible. Paying Foegle and a 2nd just to have Mrazek sit on the IR like he's done for a large part of his career.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

I don't think the Oilers even while requiring a goaltender upgrade are in the market for an oft injured player like Mrazek.

Sorry pal, peddle that band aid somewhere else.

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

Koskinen 4.5
2nd 2023
Foegele 2.75
TOTAL= 7.25

for

Mrazek 3.8
Ritchie 2.5
Engvall 1.25
TOTAL = 7.55

I'm 100% here for it if the Oilers go with a tandem of Mrazek/Smith. Quite possibly the 2 most fragile and often injured goalies around.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Somehow - the oilers think their embarrassment of a goaltending tandem is in a position of power hahahaha
Considering how the coach has called out goaltending and majority of fans and media have expressed their distaste for the current corps, not sure where you're getting that anyone thinks it's a position of power.

Maybe Holland does, but he's a moron anyways and we already knew that.

Reactions: ujju2

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
Considering how the coach has called out goaltending and majority of fans and media have expressed their distaste for the current corps, not sure where you're getting that anyone thinks it's a position of power.

Maybe Holland does, but he's a moron anyways and we already knew that.
Exactly - Koski can be a prick right back and say "nah i'm good, i'll just keep playing"

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
id like to know and see who they're gonna get

you miss the press conference? They believe in their two goalies lol. “The answer is in that room” I believe the quote was. Our best bet right now is Kosk demands a trade, or Skinner/Stalock dominate with the Condors and force a call up.

Unless MAF falls into our lap like he did with Chicago, we’re totally you know what when it goes to keeping pucks out of our net…especially if they’re shot to the left of our starter.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Yes, we desperately need a goalie, but at the same time I think every Oilers fan is much more comfortable with Skinner in net than either Koskinen or Smith, so I'm also happy to him back (although I really love Smith as well).

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

Would be nice, but not sure if it's worth the extra assets that would cost. We'd be going into next season with two inexperienced goaltenders in Swayman and Skinner. I'd probably prefer someone with a bit more experience, which would also likely be cheaper to acquire. Why would Boston move Swayman anyway?

Reactions: ylekot

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
and another funny thing is some people think playing Skinner and his 5 NHL wins is a solution hahahah

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
That was me . Montreal fans like pumping Price tires . He hasn't been good except 1 good playoff run and another decent one . His regular season have been meh . He hasn't played a game this year and Montreal think he worth a McDavid type of haul . Get it no one wants Price . You want to dump Price it going to cost you . It going to hurt . I don't see Price being traded at all as no team is going to want him . Montreal will probably have to buy him out in a few years .

Having said the above if Price comes back and plays light out of course he would have value with some retention , Say 33.3% . So just under 7 million

Nobody is "dumping" Price.
You trade for him.
And nobody is asking for a "McDavid" type of value. You're speculating/not reading what others said.

And you're trade offer was f***ing ridiculous, enough to be quoted.

A 50% Price is a 5,25M Price which would be an incredible contract.
You should know better about what's a bad contract: your team pays more than 4M a year for Koskinen and 9.25M for Darnell freaking Nurse.

Even without the contract, he's, by far, the best goalie available and if you want to try your luck in the playoffs, you'll have to roll the dice at some point. At 5,25M, Price should be a no brainer to a team with question marks between the pipes.
Otherwise anyway, who else is on the table? Which teams will agree to trade you their promising goalie prospect?
Nobody, that's who.
We tank and Price will be too old after the rebuild but your team is supposed to compete RIGHT NOW, unless I am missing something?

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Everyone has a price, the important thing is to find out what it is.

Swayman is the future for the goalie position in Boston. We wouldn't sell the future for a regular price. That's why he's not available. If Edmonton wants one of our goalies, they'd better off be looking at Ullmark (hoping he'd waive his NMC).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad