Speculation: Smith injured Again- Edmonton just got more desperate for a Goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
not even close
they've got you over a barrel, they know it, and will make you dance to their tune culminating in you paying up or no deal

Who else is bidding for Fleury where a 2nd rounder isn't even close?

Back to reality he's a pending UFA, they can lose him at season's end for nothing. I can't think of a single legit contender that would offer a 1st for a 7 million ufa goalie. Give it a rest.

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Ken Holland gets paid $5M/season and hasn't been able to find even one reliable NHL goalie in the three years he's been here.

I'm starting to think Holland is the smartest guy in the room. 5 million per for doing nothing seems pretty genius like to me.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Holland literally said a few days ago he has ZERO interest about a rental and went on a long speech about it.
Halak is one of the few names that makes sense, Since he is signed for next year also

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Is his osteoporosis acting up again? Or did he fall off his walker?

this is a classic post

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Halak was really lousy last season. Not Oilers goalie lousy, but decidedly not good. He was fine during the first half of last season, then shit up the place for the remainder and got exiled for the playoffs.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Edmonton isn’t a playoff team as currently constructed and burning assets just to acquire a goalie to lose in the first round is terrible asset management.

This team isn’t winning a Stanley Cup, even with Vasileskiy.
Agree which totally sucks seeing McDavid and Draisaitl going to waste.

Last edited:

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Holland literally said a few days ago he has ZERO interest about a rental and went on a long speech about it.
Halak is one of the few names that makes sense, Since he is signed for next year also
Halak isn’t signed for next year.he’s UFA at seasons end He will have a $1.25m cap hit for a sliding bonus though. If he plays 2 more games for Vancouver they’ll have the cap hit next season. If he plays his 10th game for another team they get the pleasure of having that cap hit for a player who may not even be on the team.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You have 12 pieces involved in a trade. When was the last time even 6 pieces were involved, not counting three-way deals?

not an obstacle
we see side deals following others in quick tandem
for example Namest - JT Miller followed the McDonagh trade

this could be broken down, but not nec

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Who else is bidding for Fleury where a 2nd rounder isn't even close?

Back to reality he's a pending UFA, they can lose him at season's end for nothing. I can't think of a single legit contender that would offer a 1st for a 7 million ufa goalie. Give it a rest.

shoe on the other foot, why should CHI blink and make MAF available for less?

this decision is not market driven
CHI has to decide is it worth more to deal him or not? And if yes, only for a minimum of what price?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
You and me both. So Holland won't trade a 1st or move a top prospect for a rental. Fine. He must be looking for guys with term, because Skinner and Koskinen cannot be relied on as a tandem to get the team in the post season. Skinner is too young and Kosk isn't playing well.

I really doubt this means Cary Price, but does it mean someone from Boston? Dallas?
it shouldn't mean price . as a habs fan any gm should be fired for risking picks and prospects for price . if price comes back healthy and in good form next year than that's a different story . once his bonus is paid in july that contract becomes much more palatable. price turns 35 in august . an acquiring team will be getting him at his 35-36-37-38 years . again if healthy and in fine form than it's worth the risk . until next year any thoughts of trading /acquiring price should be put to bed

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Edmonton isn’t a playoff team as currently constructed and burning assets just to acquire a goalie to lose in the first round is terrible asset management.

This team isn’t winning a Stanley Cup, even with Vasileskiy.
this post makes a lot of sense . use the money from expiring contacts to get a goalie in the off season

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Ken Holland gets paid $5M/season and hasn't been able to find even one reliable NHL goalie in the three years he's been here.
i find he is dismantling your team more than building a winner . paying him 5 million to bring yous backwards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad